“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

You added Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   245 East Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85704 (Formerly Westward Look Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #39 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Portland, Oregon
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Really nice place, good service, . Beautiful pool area with food/beverage service (3 pools, a lap pool and 2 others) Restaurant was pricey so we didn't try it. There was a whole foods nearby and a great sandwich shop just down the road (Beyond Bread). Resort is outside town, but not too far out. Nice area to walk around. We didn't really spend too much time here - out hiking, sightseeing most of the time.

Room Tip: Wi fi is included in mandatory "resort Fee" of $20 per night. I hate these fees, but they...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The junior suite was very roomy and had nice decor. When we walked in there was a fresh scent Very clean and neat. The grounds were well kept. The whole environment was casual and unpretentious. Other nearby resorts are a little intimidating. Not this one. :O)

Service was a bit slow..the only draw back really.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Resort was clean and well kept. Personnel were very nice and accomodating.
The only minor inconvenience was that we had a room below another room and we could hear the ocupants of the room above move about their room.
The floor boards were very sqeaky and at night it could disrupt sleep especially if the occupants above are very active.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Troy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

What a nice property! I booked this through Southwest Airlines and received an excellent price of $156/Night. I reviewed several pictures and reviews prior to final booking. I am so happy that I landed at Westward Look!

I went to AZ to visit my family that I haven't seen in years. The idea was to find a place where we could all hang out together and relax while we reconnect. It was just the exact atmosphere I was hoping for.

I checked in the 24th and it was a bit dark going up the property road...but this made me feel a little excited that is was deeply removed from Ina Road.

Note: My price reflected differently from the printout from SW Airlines...this was a bit of concern after "Jerry" mentioned that I could settle this upon checkout. Ok...how about let's settle it now?

Anyhow...the front desk and manager DID take care of the discrepancy upon check-out. The SW Airlines receipt does not reflect the $20/day Resort Fee. Thank you to the manager that took this off my bill since SW receipt did not reflect this additional fee.

The rooms were REALLY nice and comfortable, The beds....wow...so comfortable. There was plenty of space to spread out, a small living room area for guests and a nice patio that extended the room. It was so quiet and relaxing to host family and friends.

The next morning I ventured out to find a couple of great hot tubs and pool(s). The property is just beautiful and well-kept. Even walking throughout the 80 acre property, you can smell the flowers throughout the paths. It really makes for a visual and sensory experience.

I did not realize that there were rental bikes available until the last day...I missed out on this one. There are tennis courts and even basketball courts. I had a parade of horseback riders go past my balcony and a host of personnel always nearby to point out amenities and provide towels and essentials.

My mother and I enjoyed a really nice breakfast on the outdoor patio; overlooking the pool and view of Tucson & "A" Mountain in the background. Breakfast was outstanding! Thank you, Cathy for the great service and conversation. She was super!

Conveniently, the business center is in the same area as the gift shop. I was shopping for a last minute gift and then reminded that I needed to print out my boarding pass. Perfect!

What I really like about this property is the true spa/resort feel...but specifically Tucson. It is a little older feel, but really well kept and there seems to be a legitimate history with this city. The old "ranch" has been enriched with expected upgrades, but is still holds a feeling of integrity.

It's not a resort that was just "air-dropped" in...it belongs there.

Hope you all have as great of experience as I did.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a room right next to the pool. Get a room where the patio faces the natural landsc...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during the Tucson Gem show. I felt like I was home and felt very comfortable. I liked that it wasn't a typical hotel in the sense that the rooms are all in one big building. There were a bunch of rooms and casitas in a series outdoors and it felt like you were living in a luxurious gated community.
My room was very spacious and had an outdoor space.I loved looking at the cactuses from my balcony. The bathroom was also huge and very clean. The room is carpeted which is a bit dated, but it was very clean, so I didn't mind.
The grounds are absolutely gorgeous! There are well maintained trails you could walk in the morning which I really liked. I would also enjoy my morning coffee by the fireplace in the lobby or outside taking in the gorgeous mountain views! There is also an onsite pool, gym and spa. I must admit that It was a bit annoying that they charged a $40 resort fee considering I didn't have the time to really enjoy the amenities, but I understand. I guess I would rather just pay it into the nightly price.
I did have some weird issues with the room but I was too lazy to call the front desk to rectify the situations since it wasn't a big deal. Not all of the outlets worked so I couldn't make coffee or use the blowdryer in their proper places. Again, not a huge deal at all.
I would definitely stay here the next time I am in Tucson!! I had a car with a parking space and I found the location to be beautiful and convenient.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Sparks, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a business trip so I wasn't expecting much. The room however smelled of wet dog hair and there was a sewer smell every morning coming from the bathroom. Within the first hour of arrival I went to the store and purchase some air freshener. This did the trick and I was able to make do for the 3 nights I was there.

I will definitely try again though as the property was beautiful and the staff friendly. The sunset from my patio was beautiful. I was able to sleep soundly and comfortably.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Debra S,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us. Please accept my apology as it is clear that you did not have the experience that either of us would have wanted or expected. While certainly disappointed to hear of the issue you encountered, I am glad to hear that we will be seeing you again the next time you are in town. We look forward to seeing you again soon and giving us another opportunity to leave you with much more pleasant memories.

Best wishes and safe travels!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

many positive experiences but with some notable exceptions. The restuarant Gold was a terrible dissapoinment for dinner. The food was cold and took almost two hours to appear, Staff were pleasant and friendly, if sparse. The grounds are well maintained. The room was a bit tired but certainly clean. There were some issues in our billing but they were addressed after we raised questions.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Stan S,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience that you have had. I have shared your comments with key management team members, re-emphasizing our focus to deliver a Wyndham Grand experience to all of our guests. We sincerely hope the issues you encountered will not have a permanent impact on your view of our resort and that you will give us another opportunity to leave you with much more pleasant memories.

Best wishes and safe travels!

Been to Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!