“Glad we stayed here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

You added Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   245 East Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85704 (Formerly Westward Look Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #35 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Boston, Massachusetts
“Glad we stayed here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

This was our second trip to Tucson and we were looking for nice place to stay. Our previous stay was at a comparably priced hotel in the area. Turns this was a GREAT find. It's centrally located. The rooms are very, very nice. The service was first rate. There was live entertainment in the lounge. It was a bit too cold to sit by the pool for very long (we missed the 80 degree weather the week before) though there were people in the pool enjoying themselves in the afternoons. We will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Dallas TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for five nights. The room was very nice, although there wasn't enough light available. There were bedside lamps but no overhead or lights available in the middle of the quite large room.

My iPod which never left the room was missing after the first cleaning. I checked with housekeeping but didn't make a big deal about it. HOWEVER, a huge candle that I bought in the gift shop caused alarms to go off in security at the airport. Security tested it and it was positive for gun powder. I called the hotel was told I would be called back by a manager. SEVEN DAYS later I called again and this time a manager told me that if I didn't pack and lug this weighty item to UPS he wouldn't credit me back the cost of this candle (cost was $71). After spending FIVE nights there and eating every dinner there I was furious that he expected me to spend my time getting the candle back. He acknowledged my embarrassment and time lost at the airport but refused to alter his decision.

We'll never go back there. Hope the small profit they made on the candle is worth losing the good will of a paying customer.

• Disliked — Lack of decent lighting in room
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

We purchased a package for New Year's Eve which included dinner, the room and breakfast the next day. The dinner and service at the "party" were awful. The server must have been new. She brought drinks and then didn't return for at least a half hour to take our food order. The food was over cooked and not very good. It was like pulling teeth to get drink refills. It took over an hour just to get the check. Other diners were having the same problem with her as well. Next year we will NOT be coming back for the New Year's party. Very poorly run and expensive for what you got.

BUT, the hotel room was beautiful. The room was newly refurbished and had the most amazingly comfortable bed ever. Big plasma tv mounted on the wall as well. The bathroom was gigantic and had a very cool, huge tiled shower. The room was very clean and we had a pretty view with a patio and chairs. The front desk staff were very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was great although service once again was terrible. I don't understand it. The restaurant was almost empty and it took about 15 minutes for someone to take our drink order. She was pretty grumpy. Then it took another 10 minutes before she came back to take our breakfast order. Took quite a while for the food as well. At any rate, this is a great place to stay. Had the food service been better, I would have rated it a 5. Go for the great room and not the food!

• Liked — Clean room, shower, location
  • Disliked — Food service
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

We had occasion to stay at Westward Look Resort about two years ago, and were not pleased at that time. It was a summer trip, and we found this resort understaffed, dirty and rundown. Since we had to return to Tucson, we decided to try Priceline, and booked a resort in the northwest area of Tucson. It turned out to be Westward Look, and I was dreading the return stay. I called the reservation desk to request a king bed, upper floor, and talked with Suzanne in reservations. I shared with her our less than stellar past experience, and she assured me that she would do her best to honor our requests, including a renovated room (I read on TripAdvisor that many of the rooms had been renovated).

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! We had an absolutely beautiful, vaulted ceiling, king room on the second floor with a huge marble bath and an awesome bed that I didn't want to get out of. The room was freshly carpeted, new,great HVAV system, comfortable leather furniture, nice balcony with desert view and large marble shower with two huge granite vanities . Nice towels and spa toiletries. The grounds were well manicured, the lobby neat and welcoming. The only negative was that we did not get our requested turn down service one of the three nights we stayed. I was totally impressed, and can't wait to get back.

• Liked — Great bed comfort with great linens and pillows
  • Disliked — Housekeeping not reliable with turn down service
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

I just returned from a 2 night trip to Tucson. From start to finish, it was a great stay. The staff was wonderful and attentive. The room was absolutely gorgeous (it was one of the remodelled rooms, and huge) -- the bathroom was pretty much my dream bathroom, and the bed was heaven.

Check-in was fast, friendly, and helpful. The room was amazing. The pools/spas were clean and well-kept. The fitness room is under a remodel, so it was temporarily housed in a hotel room. Kind of weird, but it did the trick. The staff went out of their way to make sure we found what we were looking for, and walking at night, it wasn't uncommon to be offered rides on the golf carts.

We ate a breakfast and a dinner at the Gold Room, and each time the food was great, and while not the inexpensive meals, the food was excellent quality (probably the best ahi tuna I've ever had), and the service was commendable. We even received a free dessert.

We each had spa services (massage special), and the spa was a very nice environment, and a wonderful treat. They have monthly specials that seemed to be good values.

The grounds are incredibly well-maintained, and I really wish we could have extended our stay another few days!

We were able to book a stay at the Westward Look through Priceline, so we got a great deal, but it would be well-worth the regular room rates.

• Liked — The rooms were amazing!
  • Disliked — The fitness center being temporarily housed, but at least they tried and didn't just close it down completely!
Berkshire Mts New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

Tucson has grown beyond belief in recent years and a number of resorts that were once in rustic surroundings are now in the midst of suburbs. Westward Look is one of the older ones and with a larger than average non-golf property has been able to resist some of those issues, but not entirely. Being off the main Oracle north-south drag, though up into the foothills if you're looking for something remote then you'll be somewhat disappointed.

That said, it also means you're very close to a wide range of restaurant and shopping options should you be so inclined. And about 20 minutes north of downtown and not much further from almost all the best sites to see.

The property itself is nicely laid out and the rooms (the new ones) are large and airy with balconies/patios that give each room a fairly isolated view of the hills. The staff is friendly and helpful and the pools, restaurants, tennis courts, and meeting facilities above average.

Note that it is an older property undergoing long-term renovations. Having read other reviews I had concerns prior to booking, however it wasn't a major issue once there. The center and northern part of the property was being worked on and the there was some construction noise, but nothing to get in the way of enjoying the place. And if you have a room it will be one of the renovated ones, which is quite nice.

We were there for New Year's Eve and on the far south of the property, which meant that when they let off a major fireworks show at midnight it was like being under bombardment. Great show though.

• Liked — Desert hiking trails
  • Disliked — Construction
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

Stayed at the Westward look for the new years special. Checked in and was asked what time we would like dinner (included in the special) Get to the room two double beds for the romantic. Call front desk and they are booked. Went to dinner at 0700. They couldn't find our reservation (after they had asked us at check in) but finally sat us at a table. Service was the worst that I have in my lifetime. I had to ask the manager 2 times to get us drinks. The watress "Abby" we over heard her talking to the bartender about how we got the Drink Farry to get our drinks. Overall dinner took 2 hours. I won't be going back. We were so angry about the dinner we did not return to the new years party. Fireworks were nice but I would stay at the Embassy Suites down the road for a better deal and you might actually get a KING bed for romance. Hit or miss in my opinion.

• 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!