“My friend and I came to this hotel for a "staycation" When...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   245 East Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85704 (Formerly Westward Look Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #36 of 127 hotels in Tucson

1,595 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here for three nights with my two children. The room is a large size, and clean. The problem is we are in a "Posada poolside guestroom". It is incredibly noisy. The manual clearly states that the pool is available for use from 6am-10 pm. I thought this reasonable. One night I was unable to get to sleep because of a large party in the pool after hours, and one day I was woken up at 4:30am by an incredibly noisy group. When I called the front desk to complain, I was told the pool was open 24 hours, and they were sorry and would send security over to quiet people down. I don't know how you expect to rent these accomodations with a 24 hour pool policy. We also had to wait 30 minutes past checkin for our room to be available.

Room Tip: Do not book poolside if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and feedback from your stay with us. Although, we regret that your experience was not a positive one, we have noted the issues with the pool noise and will be addressing them with our security team. We do appreciate your willingness to share your experience so we can improve. These items will be addressed and we do hope that you will let us know if you should return in the future so that we can absolutely insure your satisfaction.
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our room #304 was fantastic with a nice view and easy access to the lower pool. Service was very pleasant also. Overall a great stay!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Georgia H,
Thank for taking the time and writing such a glowing review. It is always a pleasure to receive such high marks. We certainly hope to see you again in the not too distant future!
Chandler, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I purchased a Groupon for my stay, which gave me a special rate for a Junior King suite. After looking at their website, I decided to upgrade to that instead of a regular room. But upon arriving, I was disappointed. The room was smaller and darker and on ground level, so the ceilings were low and popcorn. I didn't understand that the junior suite was different from the suite shown on the website (I didnt see the Junior Suite listed at all). I thought I was getting the room on the above floors that had the vaulted ceiling and were quite a bit larger. Upon calling the front desk,the staff informed me of this, and offered that I could upgrade for additional cost to either the larger suite or the stargazer suite, which was a lot more. We decided to make due. But I was disappointed. I understand the rate was discounted, but at that level and with the $20 a day resort fees and all those additional fees for services such as pool bar service, I expected more. It was a special birthday weekend (gift for my boyfriend) so it was a letdown. It is high summer, and the resort wasn't full at all. It would have been nice to be offered an upgrade.

The room was nice, clean, but very noisy--sounded like heard of elephants resided above us. The staff was on top of things when I requested the feathers (down) on the bed be removed. However, I found the restaurants very expensive (a $40 breakfast for 2?) and we decided to leave the resort for dinner on Saturday. The $20 resort fee seems excessive-- The pools are VERY small and crowded, and quite dirty. I didn't feel the level of service that I have experienced at say the OMNI down the road. I know this was a special rate aimed at filling rooms during the very hot summer, but I felt shortchanged for the amount I spent! A lot of little things added up to a stay that was less than expected. The rate was good (not great, especially when they nickel and dime you on EVERYTHING). For the price, they need to step it up and treat you like a VIP even if you aren't.

Room Tip: Get the Full Suite, not the Junior King, as it is below ground and dark. Avoid the pool rooms, so lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your most recent visit with us. Our goal is to treat every guest as a VIP because you are. The rate one pays does not define our services, so I am disheartened to hear we missed the mark. I only hope you afford us another opportunity to leave you with fonder memories. Thank you again for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated and helpful in our ongoing journey of continuous improvement.
Central Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Comfortable room and very pleasant grounds; most of the staff were really nice but not all were remarkably competent (except for housekeeping staff - they were fantastic). I did love the location: it feels out in the desert but stores and restaurants are very close. I did have some frustrations, though.

Some things things felt cheap and sneaky: Extra $20/day resort fee that is not optional but is not quoted in original price (so while $99/night sounds great, it will be closer to $130 with taxes and resort fee). Wireless didn't work and I had to call 3 times to get it fixed; it was excruciatingly low bandwidth even when "working" such that it was hard to accomplish daily work tasks. There were prompts to upgrade the wireless, without telling you what it would cost you. "Fresh seasonal berry salad" at the grill with exactly 5 little berries on it. No classes offered at the spa, despite advertising. Etc.

Other general lack of quality issues: Locked out twice for door key cards that demagnetized once, then were not extended when I extended my stay. Can't turn on shower without getting yourself and floor soaked. Every step in room above mine clearly audible. Main pool closed for problems with water chemistry. At checkout, front desk clerk asked how my stay was and I said it was okay but I had some problems, her reply was "oh, that's nice" (she wasn't being snarky, just wasn't listening at all)...

I know that's a lot of little complaints, but they added up and left me annoyed, especially given the extra "resort fee" I was paying, that implied I was getting bonus services. It wasn't bad, just not as nice as it advertised/could be. It seemed a good deal for midsummer, but you get what you pay for. Major plus for them: We left an expensive watch in the room, they located it for us and (after several phone calls) shipped it back. That doesn't always happen at hotels and we're grateful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear MeganB353
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at the Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa. Each post is helpful to us in our ongoing journey of continuous improvements, so we’ll certainly have an internal review of all of your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apology, as what you have described is certainly not representative of our normal guest experiences. Again thank you for taking the time to share and we would certainly love to have you back so you can personally experience the improvements.

Been to Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!