“Attention to Detail Lacking” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

You added Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   245 East Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85704 (Formerly Westward Look Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #35 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Santa Barbara, California
“Attention to Detail Lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The young gentleman who checked me in with informed us that he would not charge our hotel charges room until checkout, however, that was not the case. We were charged everyday that we stayed at the resort. Additionally, he made me feel most unwelcome and that I was bothering him by asking a few simple questions.

I would like to also comment on the unfinished feeling of my hotel room. Because the shower door is placed close to the shower head, cold water sprays all over the floor and in the face of the person attempting to turn the shower on. The shower head is unmovable and therefore I was unable to redirect the spray away from the floor or my face. The sound on my TV intermittently turned off or the picture froze. I know that this was a hotel wide issue as I confirmed the same issue with other guests at the resort. Other guests informed me that they not only had that issue but were unable to view the HBO movie channels as well. Additionally, I did not have a trash can in the bathroom or shower room. All I was provided with was a recycling can underneath my desk.

Finally, I would like to comment that the new chef who started Wednesday, 1/30/13 in your Gold restaurant was terrible causing my work associate to send back her meal two days in a row. The first day she ate only a small portion of her food told the server nicely that she did not think her eggs were cooked, and despite the apology of the server was charged for the entire meal.

I expected much more from the positive reviews I received as well as the comments from locals. Disappointing, yet comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other Trip Advisor Readers. As difficult as it is to read about your experience, your feedback is truly appreciated and important to us in our on-going journey of continual improvement. As noted by the many of the other comments, your experience was certainly not the norm and I would love the opportunity to personally discuss this with you. Please reach out to me directly to this end…
Sincerely, David Yamada, General Manager Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
West Branch, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was the most beautiful place I stayed in Touson. The star gazer room with its own hot tub, was the best ever. The service was exceptional. The trails behind the hotel were beautiful and expecially in April when the desert is in bloom. The mountains were unbelieveable, they took my breath away...I have stayed there in the star gazer room and in the individual casitas, I call them, which have there own hot tub in the middle of the property. The food was great and the atmosphere was perfect. The prices are lower in April - August but I would go anytime.

Room Tip: the star gazer rooms get booked up first, there is only 6 but they are on the desert with own hot tu...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our management and staff, I would like to extend our thanks for your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always such a pleasure to receive compliments and to know that your stay at Westward Look was pleasant, enjoyable and we met your needs and expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us many more times in the future. Best Regards, David Yamada, General Manager
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Overall, the rooms was nicely appointed. The rooms are bunched into little groups of about four rooms to a building and scattered over a large property. My room was nice and comfortable, but rather dark. Only 3 small table lamps, so at night it could use an overhead. The bed was comfortable and there was a size ale bathroom with a nice southwestern feel. The buildings are obviously older, but they have done a nice job of keeping them updated. The grounds are typical desert landscaping, but nicely done. My bathroom started taking water in from somewhere and I had to move rooms. The management sent me down a 6 pack of beer as a consolation which I thought was nice! Housekeeping left a washcloth from a previous guest on my shower rod, but other than that it was pretty good. I did not eat there as there were lots of restaurants nearby.

It is very quiet there and I did not see very many children around the pool or anywhere for that matter. The overall feel of the property is peaceful and sort of adult oriented. I would go back there.

Room Tip: I only had the one room, but there was no view. Ak for that if it important to you, as the are many...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Westward Look Wyndham Resort & Spa. We are happy you enjoyed your time and we look forward to having you visit us again in the future. Best Regards, David Yamada, General Manager

Been to Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!