“Mixed feelings” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

You added Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   245 East Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85704 (Formerly Westward Look Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #40 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson, Arizona
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I based my star rating on what is expected (it is a four diamond resort) to what we got. The hotel is on a large area, and the grounds and landscaping were very nice. The rooms needed to lightened and updated. The room we stayed in was dark, it had a skylight in the bathroom that leaked. We put the garbage can under it and left a note for housekeeping, but nothing could be done about it. The disappointment was that she moved the trash can and the water poured over our toothbrushes. I know that it doesn't rain much in Tucson, but this skylight was obviously leaking for a long time. The phone in the room didn't work, you couldn't dial extensions, only zero. Maintenance was offered, but it was just something that should have been caught previously. The lobby area was beautiful, and the original homestead with fireplace, decorated for Christmas was beautiful. I could have sat in there all day. The Gold restaurant provided a beautiful place for breakfast. The staff works long hours, I have worked for Wyndham and I see that staffing is an issue around the country. The early morning staff was there later in the evening, and I saw the GM there later in the evening so everybody works hard. The gift shop never opened when I was there. I called about opening time and was told it opened at nine. I went at ten after and it was closed, the front desk said the attendant was a no show and it was going to open at ten. It didn't. It didn't open the next two days either. These were just things I didn't expect at highly rated resort. I would stay there again though, but I totally agree with others, the $20 a day resort fee, though announced when I booked should have been incorporated into the rate. It leaves a bad taste when you have to pay the money when you don't use the amenities you pay for. The Wyndham resort I worked for put it in the rate, so the amenties were "free" and you knew your daily rate in advance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the check-in area, the resort is fairly spread out.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Northlake
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The mattress should have been replaced years ago. We stayed in a king suite with a view. And the king mattress had a lump down the middle and two indents for bodies. The drain in the shower would not go down and the maintenance man came to rod it out and did not clean up his mess. The maid did not vacuum every day. They were very skimpy with the towels and toiletries. Would definitely not stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and other Trip Advisor Readers. Please accept my sincerest apology as what you have described is certainly not representative of the norm. I have shared your comments with our key management staff to address the issues you described. Again, definitely not a normal encounter. Please reach out to me directly, for I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you personally. Best Regards, David Yamada, General Manager

Been to Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!