“I don't think this place qualifies to be called Grand resort and Spa” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   245 East Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85704 (Formerly Westward Look Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #36 of 127 Hotels in Tucson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our first room had no heat. Our second room smelled of smoke, then disinfectant when sprayed. The bathroom floors were very slippery when wet. There was a persistant buzzing/humming sound that I assume was from heating system. Service people- front desk, bellman, restaurant servers were very nice however and they did discount the "resort fee" to make it up to us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

DYamada, General Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other Trip Advisor Readers. As difficult as it is to read about your experience, your feedback is truly appreciated and important to us in our on-going journey of continual improvement. As noted by the many of the other comments, your experience was certainly not the norm and I would love the opportunity to personally discuss this with you. If you would please reach out to me directly to this end…

Sincerely, David Yamada, General Manager Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We just returned from a three night stay at the Westward Look and had a wonderful time. We were looking for somewhere quiet to relax and enjoy the beautiful Tucson area. Stayed in a JR Suite with a balcony that overlooked the city of Tucson. Staff were very friendly and helpful, our room was spacious, well laid out and clean, the bed was incredibly comfortable. The architecture fit well with the surroundings, and reminded us we were in Arizona. There are two short trails to walk along right at the hotel, three beautiful pools and hot tubs. It was perfect for us - outside of the city so very quiet, and yet all of the areas we wanted to visit were very easy to get to. Would definitely recommend! The only minor downside - we did not enjoy the food at the Grill, but there were several restaurants very close by so it was not a concern. The coffee shop on the other hand made the best vanilla lattes I have tasted!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The reason I vacation in Tucson is for the; sunshine, tennis, desert flora, desert mountains, peace and quiet, food and spa pools. And, what do you know, you get all that and more at Westward Look. The hotel is seated at the gorgeous foothills of the Santa Catalina mountains, which I never tire of. The well-appointed, sophisticated couple on the jet said very nice things to me about Westward Look before I even arrived, so that felt good.

TENNIS:
My tennis lessons with Alec are wonderful. Tom was wise to hire Alec as he is wise beyond his years, he's an excellent listener, has an easygoing mellowness, and he is NTRP rated 5.0. Which means he's an expert.
We structure my lesson by playing points, at my level, and then discuss and practice my weaknesses and shot selection. Alec has that amazing gift that all great instructors have, which is to be able to read the details of my play and translate that into meaningful insight. He's tops in my book.

FOOD:
In a word, all delicious. The salmon at the Lookout Bar and Grille is superb. All the breakfasts are nourishing and tasty especially the Huevos Rancheros. The views of the mountains that ring Tucson are outstanding.

PEOPLE:
Allison happily upgraded my room so that I could sit on the deck and read on my kindle and look at the cactus.
Ashley at Lookout Grille besides being completely delightful knows her tennis, knows the top players, is a Rafa Nadal and Janko Tipsaravic fan, and it doesn't hurt that she has stories about her dad who plays tennis and is a big tennis fan, although I wouldn't want to face one of his awesome serves.
She happily changed one of the 5 big screen TVs to the Tennis Channel for me.

Amie. Those of you who know your culture will immediately see that Amie was once a ballerina as she has that polish and sophistication that rigorous ballet training gives you. Excellent service.

Cathy at Gold could well be the ambassador of Westward Look, she has deep knowledge about the resort and the desert. Did you know that those gorgeous old Coca Cola Santa illustrations were done by resident Harold Sunblom?
Jonathan, the chef at Gold was happy to point out that the hummingbird landed on the African Blue Sage bush just out my breakfast view window.
Those of you who love international accents; try to guess Luiza's, who works at the Lookout native language.
Her hint that a tennis legend was from her country helped my guessing. She knows 4 or 5 languages too.
Aaron at Gold was totally patient that I left the restaurant to run back to my room to grab my kindle.
Nikole saved my meal when a dozen sparrows sat on my chairs.

Renee and William at the Sonoran Spa were very helpful in arranging for Petra, a certified Qigong
Instructor to introduce me to Qigong, which means, Life, Energy Cultivation.
All the staff are friendly and helpful.

SONORAN SPA:. I got an herbal detoxification wrap and massage from Ed who is from Chicago and bless his wife for putting him onto massage 8 years ago. Ed is very mellow and is grounded in expert massage.

For those who love the desert like I do, have you read Barry Lopez', Desert Notes, or Diana Kappel-Smith's, Desert Time; A Journey Through The American Southwest? In any event those books will help make your journey that much richer.

PROPERTY: you are nestled in the desert, surrounded by dozens of species of desert flora, there is a great desert trail on the eastern edge, right out your door; check out the, staghorn cholla, Mexican blue palms and the blue agaves will inspire you.

SHOPPING: is a few minutes down the street, Lululemon has some great clothes for those of you who exercise.

Westward Look seems to have pools and spa pools all over its property, the landscaper was tenderly pruning the agaves the other . So relaxing and enjoyable. I don't want my trip to end.
-Stephen

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

Address: 245 East Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85704 (Formerly Westward Look Resort)
Location: United States > Arizona > Tucson
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#9 Top resorts Hotel in Tucson
#9 Luxury Hotel in Tucson
#10 Spa Hotel in Tucson
#20 Business Hotel in Tucson
#25 Romantic Hotel in Tucson
#27 Family Hotel in Tucson
Hotel Class:4 star — Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Wyndham, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Otel and Venere so you can book your Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Westward Look Hotel Tucson
Westward Look Tucson
Westward Look Resort

If you own or manage Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.