“Corporate Events a Must Here!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa

You added Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   245 East Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 85704 (Formerly Westward Look Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #36 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson, Arizona
“Corporate Events a Must Here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our Company has held our Annual Seminar at the Westward for the past five years, and it is always nothing short of spectacular! Their attention to every detail, for every guest is impeccable. The meeting space is always ready, the food service was timely and always out of this world. With their recent merger with Wyndham, they have just knocked it out of the ball park! We have contracted out until 2017 for our Corporate events, shouldn't you?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room was very nice and clean. The shower was huge! Private balcony made for a nice dessert scene when we woke up. It was very quiet with a hot tub right outside of the door. I wish we could have stayed longer, it was definitely nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Oro Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Older resort but in good overall condition. Grounds are pretty and "desert-like". Property is actually "close" to town being a short distance from the corner of Ina and Oracle (major northwest Tucson area intersection)
Lobby is nice, older wood floors, good condition, good service from bell desk guys and front desk folks.
Room was larger than average and in nice overall condition. We had a nice view from the room (pretty in the am, and beautiful lights in the evening). Bed was comfortable, shower was large and clean and in good condition.
We are locals and got the room from Priceline for a good price so did an in town "stay-cation"
There are nice walking trails but we only did a portion of the walk because hey, it's HOT in Tucson in June:)
We did hang out by the pool and though dated, it was nice and well designed. My only complaint about the resort is this. At a large resort pool, on a weekend, there should be wait-staff serving drinks and appetizers, etc... There was NO service. We had to go up a couple of flights of stairs to a nice restaurant (where you feel a bit out of place in your swim trunks) and place an order and either wait and carry it down or wait a looong time and they will bring it down. I have to think that a college student or two could make some nice tips being a server in the pool area.
In the evenings, we ate at both the fancier "Gold" restaurant as well as the more casual "Lookout" restaurant. I preferred the food and the service at the Lookout. The service was lacking the night we were at the Gold (ordered 3 drinks, got 2, had to go through a lot to get the servers attn to let her know of the missing drink), when we were done with food items, the emply plates were never picked up, etc...
Overall, a nice resort and a relaxing place. You feel far more "out of the way" than you really are. Very open. Staff was attentive and nice.

Room Tip: I would shoot for a room with a view to the west and ideally one that does not directly overlook the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here for a girls get away retreat. I got the room through hotwire which was more than half the regular rate, definitely book offsite, their rates are pricey even with package and off-season rates. We started at the spa with a pedicure which was very nice. Not the best I've ever had and the lady doing it cut me but otherwise a nice way to start the weekend. Check in was quick and efficient and they were able to accomodate a few requests I had. ONce we checked in, we realized we hadn't brought a wine bottle opener and called the front desk. They said they would promptly bring one down. 2 hours and a few more phone calls later, we finally got our opener! That was a bit of a downer. The pool area was very clean and if ever we needed more towels, there was someone in minutes bringing more. We were staying near the lower pool so that's the one we went to. We did not go to the others, but there are three total. The beds were very comfortable, the down comforters were wonderful but I suggest bringing your own pillows! The bathroom was spacious, clean and updated. Tons of closet and storage space. Checkout was fast and easy, done right from the room. All in all I would recommend this hotel but there are better in Tucson and Oro Valley.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I come to Tucson for business often and decided to stay at the Westward Look since I have had good experiences eating at their restaurant previously. The scenery around the resort is very nice and there are great views of the city. The room was spacious, though the bathroom was a bit old and worn, the bed was certainly comfortable enough. However, the shock for me was a large cockroach in the bathroom the first night. I killed it and complained about the room. I was assured they would "do something about it". I suppose it would have been too much to expect an upgrade, but I believed them and went about my business. Two days later another roach showed up in the bathroom, this time a smaller one. So I can only assume there was a family of them and no successful extermination attempt occurred.

At this point I decided I was done with the hotel and checked out several days earlier than planned so as to move to my other preferred hotel chain, which was head and shoulders better (and bug-free!). I have stayed at hotels for about 30-50 nights per year all over the globe for years, and never once have I had to deal with a bug problem (maybe I've just been lucky?), especially at a nice resort hotel. No attempt was made to make up for it nor any offer to put me in a nicer room. I sent a letter to their customer service email with zero response after a week, so it appears the management either does not monitor that line or did not care. Hopefully they did something about it after I complained, but I have to say I was really disappointed..

On the plus side, the Gold Room restaurant was nice and the breakfasts were very good. Maybe I was just unlucky and it was just my room, maybe it's that the property has gone downhill after changing management. That's a shame because the location is really nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This month we held a lunch and dinner workshop in their Palm Room - the service and accomodations, from driving up to Valet through saying good bye, impressed us. It's as if all employees took a course on Loving your Job and Those who request your Services! All of our guests enjoyed the meals, we have nothing negative to say about this experience and look forward to holding another event there soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
We are so glad to hear that your event was successful! We take pride in our service, and the staff will be happy to hear your comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Be Well!
Show Low, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is an older resort hotel in North Tucson. Stayed one night due to business in Tucson but met my wife and kids for the night. The rooms were larger than usual and beds very comfortable. Bathroom was a little larger than usual. The pool was nice but was very cold, even in May, could probably have been heated to make a better experience. We loved sitting by the pool and soaking in the sun. That was very therapeutic. The ice cold fruit flavored water by the pool was a nice touch. The hotel is unpretentious at check in, no grand entrance and exterior of the resort is unpretentious as well with desert landscape. It had some small walks/hikes in the vicinity and took on a more romantic feel in the evening. Breakfast was very good and the view over Tucson better. The exterior is becoming a little dated and will be difficult to update without spending a lot. Staff was generally helpful but the telescope not working was a little irksome as the stars at night are a big draw. Overall I recommend if you can find a good deal online.

Room Tip: We had a casita room by the pool which was very convenient.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, and for being our guest! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Be well!

Been to Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!