Three is a charm or at least one hopes this to be the case when visiting a spa like Miraval.
Over the past few years, the winter economy has come South. There have been cut backs in staff and quality of programs. Most of the speakers seemed to be doing promotions for their services instead on imparting what used to be very helpful information about lifestyle choices.
The meals are still very good and the juice bar has wonderful mint lemonade, which proved to be addictive.
The newest addition to the soft adventure: the Zipline, cost extra and was not as thrilling as the (free) Swing and a Prayer.
The sting came at the end of the visit as the price of the spa services or one on one meetings did not include taxes and gratuities. So imagine, a massage for $130 became a massage for over $160. Please.
I do not recall these deep pocket additions from previous visits. What looked to be a good deal in comparison to Canyon Ranch prices, became less so.
I suppose you could get a good deal if you did not use the spa or other consultations but then you would be missing a full spa experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa