“Another weekend in Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

5th Night Free at Miraval
Ranked #11 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Another weekend in Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I returned to Miraval after a year and had a different experience, which was intentional. Last year, I didn't plan to do any activities and only used the spa services. This year, I signed up for a few things and was even able to get into one that I was on the waiting list for. I had one spa service, which I had also done last year, which was incredibly relaxing. Once again, Miraval showed me why it's considered one of the best in the world.

• Stayed July 2013
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hi Jessica - Thank you for writing such kind words about your stay. I am thrilled to hear that coming to Miraval with clear intentions helped guide you to a different experience. We often tell our guests that "Miraval is all about choice" and what you describe shows exactly that. All our guests have a unique Miraval experience that can change with each visit. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay very soon!
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Spangdahlem, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I love Miraval. The atmosphere, professional staff, and sheer beauty of the desert make this a do not miss experience. I used a Groupon to pay for my experience and will hopefully return again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hi there - Thank you so much for writing. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful resort setting in the Catalina Mountains. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was very nervous traveling to a destination for the 1st time by myself. After 31 yrs of marriage I am going through a divorce. I can't say enough about Miraval, it was an amazing experience. Not being concerned about the weather in July coming from Miami, I found it to be perfect. My room was perfect and all I can say about the bed was it was delicious. Everything you need was there. I attend many of the classes offered both lectures and exercise, all were extremely helpful. I stayed 6 nights and used my resort credits for the spa, which was 1st class. I also opted for some of the 1on1 classes which were well worth the money. The food was first class with a variety of choices. Lastly everyone who works there was extremely pleasant and the best of attitudes. They really do live with "Mindfullness". I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hi Lynne - Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit. We are so glad to provide the space, both physically and emotionally, for you to be able to take some much needed time for yourself. I'm glad you found our unique activities and spa services so rejuvenating and I’m thrilled to hear that you found all your private sessions with our specialists so helpful. I’m so proud of our staff and I’m glad that Miraval’s philosophy of mindfulness came through with each interaction. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Gillette, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Ahhh, Miraval, what would I do without you? This is the one place where I can always get back in touch with feelings of peace, joy and balance when life gets to be a bit too much. I recently came back from another visit and found that the "Miraval magic" is alive and well. I have been going every couple of years almost since its inception, and I always leave Miraval amazed at this place's restorative powers and its positive impact on my life.

The superb, delicious food (with nutritional labeling -- so helpful) shows me what eating for health and pleasure can be like. I love that you can eat as much as you want (plenty of food is available, but anything can be packed to go, so you can also stock the fridge in the room or take something for the plane), plus there is a full bar. The gorgeous desert surroundings bring me back to nature in a way that is both calming and awe-inspiring. Strolling the grounds and gazing at the mountains is a retreat in itself. The new spa is beautiful, and there are so many great services that I tend to pick from what's available day to day, but if you really want a particular service, you should book it ahead of time. I discovered "energy treatments" here, which leave me feeling so calm and centered.

It takes a lot of time to sift through the plentiful activities (I start looking at the schedule weeks in advance and study it every day at the resort), but I am always captivated by whatever I choose. The challenge activities are one-of-a-kind, but I really love the lectures -- most are part of the inclusive rate and don't need a sign-up. The main aspect of Miraval that makes it the destination I go back to again and again is the amazing staff of wellness experts and the central focus on mindfulness. Every expert I've met has impressed me. I try to schedule a one-on-one session during each visit, and I've never been disappointed. My most transformative experiences have been with "Spirit Flight" and "It's Not About The Horse". Special sessions and one-on-one consults are an extra cost, but I feel like they have saved me years of therapy! These kinds of sessions must be booked well in advance, though it is possible to get lucky and get in on short notice. If you're interested in an activity that requires a sign-up at the resort, be aware that some fill up very quickly, so it's a good idea to keep in touch with guest services, who can help guide you so you don't miss out.

The resort is beautiful and well-appointed, but there have been various hiccups from time to time (the dining staff can get overwhelmed, something in the room might not be functioning properly, etc.), but customer service has always been friendly and very responsive, often going above and beyond to satisfy a special request. I don't think I've ever asked for anything that hasn't been accommodated. Regardless of minor inconsistencies, (which don't occur as much when the resort is not full) each and every visit I've made to Miraval has been totally rejuvenating and an amazing vehicle for health and personal growth.

I am so happy to see that Miraval just announced a new East Coast location opening in 2014 (in a beautiful area of rolling hills and open space in New Jersey, near where I live -- yay!!!) I could not be more excited!! While the long trek out to Tucson has always been more than worth it (I'm sure I will continue to travel to that special location), having the magic of Miraval close to home is more than I could have ever hoped for! I cannot wait to make the Miraval experience a more regular presence in my life!! I only hope that they carry their mindfulness philosophy and wellness expertise into the new facility. I know I'll be one of the first ones there to try it out!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hi Lisa - First, thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful and thorough review of your stay. We are so happy that Miraval is able to be a sanctuary for peace, joy, and balance in your life. Like you, I'm often amazed at our culinary team's ability to make such delicious, healthy dishes. It's truly inspiring. Your recommendations about booking spa services and private sessions prior to arrival are great to hear since we want each and every guest to have the experience they deserve and that is the best way to make sure that happens. We will keep you posted about developments with the new East Coast property and look forward to seeing your face there when it opens!
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is my third stay at Miraval in Tucson, Az. I spent the past weekend there at a retreat with my breakfast club ladies. The rooms, the food, the activities, the grounds... all is very zen-like and lovely. I enjoy the all inclusive and no-tipping formats of this resort. The Spa is wonderful (I had a facial and a hot rock massage and I highly recommend both). At Miraval you can't help but unwind, relax, and breathe.

Room Tip: I prefer the 600 series of rooms. It's a bit isolated from the rest and has an outdoor shower. A...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Cathy - I want to thank you for your continued loyalty to Miraval. I am so glad that you are able to get so much out of your time here. You are absolutely right, Miraval is the perfect place to unwind, relax, and breathe! Thank you for taking the time to write and I will look forward to welcoming you back to Miraval again soon.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at Miraval in Jan/Feb 2013. I had a completely wonderful experience. As a few months have passed since my stay, I find that what I remember most fondly is the wonderful staff: warm, intelligent, kind. I participated in many of the activities and enjoyed them all -- the staff I encountered for the outdoor adventures and at the horse stables, and for yoga, are all lovely. The administrative staff was responsive and without exception went the extra mile to accommodate my requests. I loved the food, I loved the setting, I loved the atmosphere. I've been to Canyon Ranch twice, but I prefer Miraval, and hope to make it a regular destination.

My room was rather ordinary, I hope they will do some renovations soon -- I echo an earlier poster about inadequate lighting for reading, also the walls are very thin!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hi There - Wow. Thank you for writing such kind words about your stay. I’m so glad that the service you experienced at Miraval is what you remember most fondly. I’m very proud of our entire team and I will pass along your kudos to them. Thank you for the feedback about your room. I’m happy to share that we are in the process of renovating a number of our rooms and suites. We hope you will enjoy these updated rooms on your next visit. Thank you again for writing and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

A friend and I did a girl's getaway in February and it was wonderful all around. The rooms were comfy, the views of mountains and desert delightful and the food was excellent. The place was packed, so getting dinner seatings was difficult, but it all worked out in the end. I loved the spa - got a service of some sort every day. And, several options for yoga was nice. Wonderful speakers and helpful specialists. This was my first visit and I know there will be more!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi There - Thanks for writing! I'm so glad you were able to have a wonderful and memorable girls' getaway with us! It sounds like you were able to take advantage of a wide variety of our activities and spa services during your stay. We are thrilled that you loved Miraval and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Michael

Been to Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!