The visit begins before you even get to Miraval as you need to reserve some of your classes and spa treatments prior to arrival. There was one glitch with a reservationist who was new but I was able to call back and speak with someone else who straightened everything out for me.
Check in was a breeze although when you drive in, you are not given the "welcome drinks" that I observed with some of the groups brought in while I was there. We were given a very nice tour of the property with our check in as well.
The rooms are a little bit small and can be on the darker side. Every amenity that you would want - apparently, you may ask for a coffee machine although we were not told this but I read it on one of the reviews on this site.
Meals are very good, there is quite a variety of foods offered. My biggest complaint is that I have a food allergy and told my server and was assured that this would be shared with others to assist me throughout the week and instead, every day it was as if no one knew that I had an allergy. There were many times that I had to find someone to ask what was in a particular dish. One evening I was actually told that the dish had walnuts in it so I did not order it. My friend ordered it and when it came, there were almonds NOT walnuts. Come on dining room staff!! This is serious stuff. The dining experience needs some help in regards to turning over tables as well. The staff seating people was constantly taking silverware off of other tables while seating people since it seemed that there was never enough help with bussing tables. At times, there were rather large lines to be seated, especially after a large class was finished.
The spa is wonderful. I loved my massages although not the best that I have ever had, they were quite nice.
Classes were wonderful and there was a large variety from fitness/yoga to meditation, to stress, soul searching and more new age/metaphysical, to cooking, hiking and of course zip line, team building and horse involved classes. I highly recommend the course "It's not about the horse" with Wyatt Webb. Well worth the extra money. He is one of the most real people that I have ever met and I am still thinking about lessons learned during that time. Anne Parker is a warm and wonderful person with many wise lessons and incredibly empathetic. I loved Tej Paul and actually ended up seeing her in a private session that was SO worth it!! What an interesting and charismatic woman with such a wonderful approach to life. Maggie was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed my session with her as well. Dr. Nikolai gave some wonderful and highly needed advice on stress which I am implementing into my life, I think this is my favorite thing about Miraval - you bring so much of it home with you.
Take advantage of the facility - there is a wonderful gym, the pools are wonderful, just waling around the campus area is a treat, the juice/coffee bar is wonderful as well.
I met some incredible people during my stay here - you feel safe to share with each other and there is a certain safeness that we are all there for the same reasons.
I will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa