Nestled in the Santa Catalina Mountains is a healing retreat dedicated to creating a new awareness topped with mindfulness. Mindfulness, a state of active and open attention to the present moment and where you will continually find yourself once upon the 400 acres this top rated all inclusive resort is perched.
The weekend I spent there was filled with experiences that incorporate the Miraval Life in Balance philosophy. Offerings included meditation and fitness classes, wellness lectures, workshops and a daily menu of activity options and challenges that guarantee an unforgettable experience. One of the things you will find with the Miraval is that not only do you have your own Aha moments, but you meet other people whose Aha moments create an everlasting impression on your own life.
Guest Susan Yarab and myself were able to experience the Swing and a Prayer group centered on the act of letting go and celebrating life. We both found a joyous release as you swing from a height of 35 feet after adressing each of our transitions in life. I was also roped into another personal challenge with an incredible equestrian interaction with the Miraval Equine Experience. This group was given a chance to work with selected horses and learn to perform equestrian ground skills. This Equine Experience empowers you with your own personal strength and intuition further guiding you to work through personal patterns of learned behavior that may be holding you back from the life you want to live.
The Miraval is filled with many activities to choose from as well as the Life in Balance Spa , Photography, Golf, Horseback and delicious foods that are fresh and healthy, aligned with the philosophy of mindful eating. The Miraval also has a team of specialists that are highly educated and innovative committed to helping change your life for the better.
Their team of well-being specialists put David Clark back in the saddle as well. Mr. Clark had been involved in a bad accident late October 2012 when traveling with his best friend in Ennis, Ireland. Despite his efforts once back in the states he was still left with a lot of pain, grief and immobilization until coming to the Miraval earlier this month as well. He was thrilled to be there and to be developing a new sense of self.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa