I've been to Miraval at least five times over the past 10 years, and it never lets me down as the go to place for relaxation and renewal. I've been with friends, and also traveled there solo several times.
For a spa vacation, I look for: a beautiful and inspiring setting, best-in-class and unique spa treatments, accommodations that make me feel pampered and well-cared for, and healthy delicious food where I don't leave the dining room feeling hungry. I am not looking for a boot camp or a hyper competitive environment with a bunch of alpha women trying to outdo each other (I get that everyday in NYC). And at the end of a day of activities, I want to have a glass of wine or a cocktail.
Miraval ticks all of those boxes. My top tips: definitely invest some time before you go looking at the activity schedule so you can get a sense of the things you'd like to do and when they are offered. Book your spa appointments before you go. Don't just do the usual facials and massages; book something unusual. Last time I did a mind blowing sound massage (I don't think they are offering it anymore) that was recommended by the reservationist. Ask the staff about their favorite treatments and experiences -- they have good tips. Definitely do one of the hikes on the property around Miraval. And the equine experience is truly one of a kind.
Most important, have fun!
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.