“Worth the Splurge!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Ranch in Tucson

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Denver, Colorado
“Worth the Splurge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I recently spent a long weekend at Canyon Ranch with friends - celebrating turning 40 and 35 years of being friends. I must say that before we went I worried about the price - its a lot of $$ to not leave the continental US and to not be at a beach. It was worth every every penny. It is hard to put into words how relaxing, challenging, refreshing and beautiful the weekend was. We did workouts - we were here to sweat and all the physical activities were great. Challenging enough for 3 half-marathoners and tri-athletes looking to sweat, lounge by the pool, sweat again and hit the spa. The food is delicious. Be prepared for the no soda (but delicious organic coffee) and alcohol but truly you will be grateful for how refreshed you feel each morning. And, be prepared for quiet, nothing to do after dark (but the spa) which is amazing. As 3 very busy professionals with small kids the cell-phone free atmosphere was a great way to be forced to unplug, enjoy the moment and stay off work devices.

I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for an active, healthy weekend away to reconnect with friends, a spouse or just yourself.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
We are delighted you chose to visit Canyon Ranch Tucson to not only celebrate a great milestone with friends but to focus on yourself. I’m pleased to hear that you found your visit to be a valuable experience and thank you for sharing the details of your “beautiful weekend”. Congratulations on turning a fit and fabulous 40; we hope to have you as our guest again.
Kyle Treat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I highly recommend anyone looking to reset their lifestyle, whether it be kicking bad habits, learning more about proper nutrition, learning more about what physical activities best suit their lives, how to cook healthy and eat better, needing to destress, want to learn more about your purpose in life or wanting to lose weight - this is a vacation that you can not afford not to take.

The food was amazing and nutritious.
The classes were fun!
The staff was incredibly gracious, kind and amenable.
The Tuscon grounds were gorgeous.
The hike and bike rides were breath taking.
The one-on-one appointments were productive, energizing and well worth it.
The massages were out of this world.

I would recommend coming for at least a week. I know some come for 4 days, but it's well worth the extra time and you'll thank yourself later because there is so much to do here. Also, consider joining the Life Enhancement Center (LEC) program. They typically run a week at a time, so just be sure to ask when booking what the theme is for the week.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I’m delighted that you chose the focused Life Enhancement Program, fondly known as LEP, for your Canyon Ranch experience. Thank you for your suggestion to potential guests to consider a themed week in the Life Enhancement Center. Guests will find offerings such as “Brain Health and Longevity”, “Renew your Spirit” and “Canyon Ranch Weight Loss Program”. Our mission throughout all of our programming is to inspire our guests to live a healthy lifestyle. Best wishes to you and your continued journey to wellness. We hope you return to Canyon Ranch Tucson again very soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Left here felling better about myself with new tools for improving my health and well-being. I am eating better and eating less, I am working out and enjoying my more active lifestyle. And, I am more focused on what brings me peace and joy. Thanks to Canyon Ranch!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Well said – that is just want Canyon Ranch is here for – to inspire our guests to make health and wellness the foundation of their everyday life. Thank you for your review and we hope welcome you back again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Last week, I went to Canyon Ranch for a spa day and every detail was perfection. The massage was the best I have ever had. The body scrub was the best I have ever had. The dance class could not have been more fun - it was delightful. The lunch was satisfying, tasty, fun. The yoga class was inspiring. The spa facilities were also top notch with friendly attendants. This place is a gem.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for considering Canyon Ranch Tucson for your perfect spa day. It will be my pleasure to share with our staff your gem of a review.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were quite impressed with the service, facilities, fitness classes and good at Canyon Ranch. We went as a couple as a chance to regroup from a very busy year. There are no shortage of activities... Our pool time was minimal... but even with busy scheduled we left energized and refreshed (if a bit sore). The food portions were good and we felt healthy at each meal. We would definitely recommend this to individuals and couples looking to get back in balance in mind, body and spirit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am delighted your visit was just what you needed to regroup, be more energized and ready to take on your busy lifestyles. We hope you were able to take home some good tips on incorporating Canyon Ranch into your everyday life. We look forward to welcoming you both again.
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
Kyle Treat.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have been here 4 times now and each time is as great as the one before. The accommodations are wonderful - situated on beautifully manicured grounds. I love just sitting outside our place and listening to nature and taking in the desert air. The food at this place - A++++. All of it! I recommend expanding your culinary horizons here because everything they have to offer is very good. They cater to many dietary restrictions as well which is a major bonus for me. The spa services have been great; much better than your typical spa. Everybody's preferences are different so I won't go into telling you what I think you should get but I can tell you I've tried 3/4 of everything they offer and have loved them all with the exception of the 3rd time I got a Thai Massage it was with a different person, it was a different routine, and it just wasn't up to par for me. I gave constructive feedback when offered a survey and Canyon Ranch offered a gift certificate for the price of the service and offered the name of another practitioner with whom they thought I would better appreciate the service. Wow! (for the record, I am not one to complain about anything...only if it's exceptionally bad, and even then I might not say anything) Also, if you are into the Metaphysical/Spiritual services I highly recommend a tarot card reading and a Soul Journey. (my faves). The staff are very friendly, super accommodating, and seem to really love their jobs. (who wouldn't love working here?!!) I really love this place and dream of my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
It is wonderful to hear your latest visit with us was amazing and you always take the opportunity to try new activities and services. I will pass on to the talented staff you enjoyed the tarot card reading and Soul Journey. It is our mission to provide the ultimate health and wellness vacation and we want each and every guest to experience superb service and the most up to date and innovative activities, services and cuisine. I am please we were able to assist in making your latest stay exceptional. Thank you for sharing at TripAdvisor.
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Have been going out to Canyon Ranch in Tucson for 9 years. Staff is excellent....food is excellent....facilities are excellent.....class variety is excellent. You can do what you want, as much or as little, your choice. It is a wonderful place to get a healthy vacation and away from the stresses of every day life. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Have stayed in doubles, triples (limited number) and casitas. All were nice. Casitas are further a...