“Canyon Ranch.....Heaven On Earth!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Ranch in Tucson

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
8600 East Rockcliff Road, Tucson, AZ 85750   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New Guests Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Canyon Ranch.....Heaven On Earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Trying to describe Canyon Ranch is similar to describing a color that you've never seen.....here goes.....
Canyon Ranch embraces and exercises top notch customer service, offers a myriad of activities for most interests and encourages fun while digging deep to help you find your inner strengths and to help you determine how to live your best life.
Located in the desert canyons of Tucson, Arizona one has the opportunity to experience 'life in the desert', perhaps see some true wild life-I saw a herd of haviannas and a coyote during a walk one morning-view various plant life, beautiful landscape while experiencing that intense desert heat.
Canyon Ranch showcases artwork, sculptures, etc. from many local artists which not only enhances the grounds and gives a voice to artists on a large scale, but it exposes guests to talent that may not otherwise been viewed.
Nutritious and healthy dining, interesting seminars and many, many ways to promote a healthy life style are just a few things that Canyon Ranch has to offer.
The villas are comfortable, the facility as a whole offers modern accoutrements, top notch health facilities and spa/fitness staff whose service providers/instructors know their craft and definitely have your best interest in mind. Believe it or not, they actually make exercise and sweating fun!!
One other thing that I appreciate about Canyon Ranch which has endeared me to them is the fact that they provide surveys after your stay, follow up with an email and/or call AND send a letter to further address whatever was written on the survey-positive or negative. They want to get it right and to me go over and beyond to make sure that your voice is heard and needs are met and that suggestions are taken into consideration. Who could ask for more than that?
Canyon Ranch is not only a six star get away but offers a better way to get on track with your health, life and over all way of living.
If life offers you the opportunity, plan a trip to Canyon Ranch and embrace the possibilities!!
I traveled to Canyon Ranch in August, 2012 and 2013. This was my second 7 day stay and it will not be my last.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Your thoughtful summary truly embraces what we strive for with every guest stay – an appreciation for the beauty and endless possibilities a healthy lifestyle holds for each of us. I’m thrilled that you share in our belief that a healthy lifestyle can be, and is, fun and hope that joy carries through to your daily practices. Your feedback is important to us, and we count on our guests to help us grow, so thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in 2014.

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I originally signed up for a week long weight loss program at the Life Enhancement Center of Canyon Ranch and ended up extending my stay for 3 weeks! I needed a place to rest, distress from my job, heal the loss of a loved one and just "be". The nurturing, though discreet, environment of Canyon Ranch, the kindness and high professionalism of staff, the sun&magic of the Arizona desert helped me change the way to look at health and fitness. I hiked every day in the desert or on alpine trails, ate delicious but healthy food, tried walley ball, dancing, drumming, many art expressions, built my own jewelry, met new friends, cried and laughed as i had not in ages. I attended daily classes with top on-site medical doctors that taught me the science behind health but also gave me practical tips to continue my journey to fitness and health. A life changing experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I’m delighted that you choose not only to experience the focused Life Enhancement Program, fondly known as LEP on the Ranch, to address your personal wellness goals, but that you devoted an additional 3 weeks to your new found healthy lifestyle! The activities and classes you described are just some of the many offerings we have available to help our guests explore what is joyful and inspiring about health; and as you noted, laughter truly is the best medicine. Please stay in touch and best wishes on your continued journey to wellness. We hope you return to beautiful Tucson again very soon.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the 5th year that my friends and I have come to Canyon ranch and once again a wonderful experience & time. We all look forward our annual visit with great anticipation. We come back for the tasty food, great classes (i.e. fitness, creative arts & health& wealthness), relaxing spa treatments and friendly staff. If you are looking for a place to relax & decompress Canyon Ranch is the place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
The pleasure is ours to welcome you and your friends each year. We are delighted you find Canyon Ranch your wellness vacation of choice. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I returned yet again to Canyon Ranch in Tucson; I think this was my 5th visit there in 2 years. I'm definitely hooked! What can you say about a place with all kinds of amazing athletic activities - running, biking, hiking, ropes courses, swimming, exercise classes - that also has lectures on a wide variety of topics (medical, nutritional, exercise, weight loss, cooking, metaphysical, spiritual, photography), a full complement of amazing, highly qualified staff to help you with all those topics, and then has top-notch service and delicious, healthy food, and spa services, to boot! I just can't say enough good things about this place... if you ever get a chance to go, GO! It's truly incredible.

Room Tip: I honestly don't know that one room location is any better than another; they all give an opport...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience once again with the TripAdvisor viewers. We love hearing about how our guests, from diverse ages and fitness levels, are inspired to make healthier choices after their stay. Getting “hooked” on a Canyon Ranch health and wellness vacation is a great thing and we appreciate you sharing your room tips. Walking the campus gives our guests an opportunity to see our spectacular high desert environment whether it be an invigorating walk or for a relaxing moment to reflect on the day. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The setting is beautiful and very relaxing, the activities are varied, and the spa services are excellent. I loved the desert hike too.
The rooms are adequate but dated and a bit disappointing compared to the luxury I was expecting. The outdoor restaurant was good but the main restaurant was a real disappointment.
Food was not well presented or well spiced. In an effort to make it healthy, they really compromised on taste and appearance. A sprig of parley or diced roasted red pepper would have still been healthy and added much to the appearance and taste.
My weekend there was relaxing and wonderful but for the price, the room and meals made me question the overall value.

Room Tip: I was there in April when the saguaro cacti were blooming and the weather was perfect!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your stay. I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations in the dining room and truly appreciate your input on how we might improve. Our chef and dining staff strive to meet all our guest’s dietary needs as well as offer the most creative and healthy culinary experience possible. On your next visit I invite you to try the Lunch and Learn cooking classes where you might have an opportunity to share a meal with one of our chefs and learn more about our food philosophy. April is a spectacular month to enjoy all the desert floral displays, if you have a picture of your hike please share it with us.
Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rejuvenate, Revive and Refocus. That is what happened to me during my amazing three days at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, Arizona. There is so much there that it is difficult to put the experience into words. For this reason, amazing sums it up best. Located at the base of the Catalina mountains in the Tucson valley the natural desert beauty has been captured in every area of the ranch. The 150 acres are tastefully planned and include: walking trails, three outdoor swimming pools, quiet pools for reflection and meditation, a world-class spa facility which includes 9 gymnasiums, cardio and weight rooms and a yoga dome.

There was so much to select from that I found myself actually saying to one of the program advisors "can you find a spot for me at 1p because I'm busy the rest of the day!" How crazy is that? It was the truth. I was busy from morning until night. I love hiking and signed up for two challenging, 7 mile hikes in the Catalina mountains. They were brilliant experiences led by the Ranch's Outdoor Sports Team and required an early morning start. I also underwent a metabolic exercise assessment, relaxed under a deep tissue massage, stretched during a yoga relaxation class, walked fast during a morning interval walk, soaked in hot tubs and attended lectures on topics such as: Feng Shui for the bedroom, stargazing, a scientific look at energy vortexes and journaling. All this was in addition to regular walks around the property, swimming in the historic flagstone pool and dining throughout the day on delicious, gourmet meals from either the Double U cafe or Main Dining Room.

Every service or activity I booked started on schedule and I was met with professional and energetic staff. They really do a great job!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Wow, this is an amazing review! It is so rewarding to hear you enjoyed the true health and wellness vacation Canyon Ranch is known for. Taking time to relax and rejuvenate is just as important as challenging yourself and I’m delighted you found activities that spoke to both intentions. The chef will pass on your kind words about the dining options and I will make sure all our fine professionals will know much you enjoyed our unique daily lectures. Thank you for making the long journey to visit and we hope you have an opportunity to return to visit is again very soon.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My two daughters 20 and 16 and I came for dance week. We loved it! What a great bonding experience for us. The instructors were amazing. There was a different type of dance class every hour for the entire week taught by professional instructors, We did hip hop, ballet, Afro Brazilian dance, dancing to the '70 s , pop jazz. Among others. Really fun and great exercise. My older daughter participated in the recital and the recital was great! I enjoyed the cooking classes taught by Shawn who is truly a gem. Very helpful and personable. We did not enjoy the food in the didning room as much as in the double u cafe. The food there was delicious and I love the fat free cappuccinos. Staff there was also really nice. They gave us the recipe for the mushroom mashed potatoes that my daughter loved. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We were in a triple room 118. Great location close to clubhouse and spa. Would recommend.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dance week is one of our most popular specialty weeks and one mothers and daughters love to enjoy together. They say laughter and smiling are some of the most positive exercise you can do for yourself and activities that support all the other healthy choices we make. Congratulations to your daughter for participating in the recital, everyone on property looks forward to it! We will pass on the compliments to the chef and staff regarding your dining experiences and favorites. We look forward to your return and until then, take opportunities to enjoy your new dance skills as often as possible.
Kyle Treat

Been to Canyon Ranch in Tucson? Share your experiences!