“Canyon Ranch is a special place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Ranch in Tucson

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
You added Canyon Ranch in Tucson to your Saves list
8600 East Rockcliff Road, Tucson, AZ 85750   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New Guests Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Somerset, New Jersey
“Canyon Ranch is a special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I highly recommend Canyon Ranch in Tuscon, Az. for vacation if one wants a life style change, relaxation and healing.Upon returning home in April I rebooked for Dec. This trip was my third to Az. and I have visited Lenox. My work out program was stale; I had an IFL tear and was in a rut. Eric established a new work out program which is effective as well as enjoyable. Now, I look forward to the gym! I used to kill myself running on the treadmill at 7.0 to 7.5 and hated every minute. The massages were wonderful: Joe, Vicki and Dorothes come to mind. The 5pm and 7pm lectures on brain/memory power; abs; anti-inflamatory eating; exercise were enlightening. Most of my meals were eaten at the Double U before I did not make advance dinner reservations. The meals were superb and allowed me to make the 7pm lectures, bingo,etc. Needless to say the service remains impeccable. The fitness staff this time was more enthusiastic. It is a spcial place and well worth one's time and mon ey. Abby from New Jersey

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
It was a pleasure to read your Canyon Ranch Tucson recommendation and the compliments extended to Eric and his colleges in fitness. I will be pleased to pass on your kind words about our fabulous massage staff. The chef and staff will be delighted to know you are a fan of the Double U Café and its creative al fresco menu served poolside. Our guests thoroughly enjoy the ever changing evening presentations, the memory power lecture and the spirited bingo night are favorites. Until we have to opportunity to welcome you back, continue to enjoy your fitness program and making health an enjoyable lifestyle.
Kyle Treat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a great way to spend a week. Staff is great, food wonderful, fitness instructors super, not to mention terrific accommodations and good weather. Did I mention a nice spa and healthy time. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your wellness vacation experience this week. All the staff appreciate your wonderful compliments and they look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Park City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Best bang for your buck! The word "no" does not exist. The Ranch exceeds all expectations; cutting edge in health care, exercise, food, spa services, relaxation, hiking/biking, special services, etc. Great place to visit solo, girlfriends getaway, etc.

Room Tip: All inclusive; no tipping or exchange of $$$ unless you make a purchase at the Ranch store. If shar...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of everyone here at Canyon Ranch, we are pleased to have had the opportunity to exceed your vacation expectations and we do love saying yes! Our all inclusive stay allows you to experience as much or as little of our extensive health and wellness offerings as you wish throughout your stay. Have a great summer and we look forward to your next visit.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After an exceptionally challenging couple of years, I knew that I needed some significant "me" time. Once I personally experienced the absolute tranquility of Canyon Ranch, I now understand all of the glowing reviews. The breadth of services they offer is unsurpassed. Whatever your motivation for visiting, be it relaxation, health and wellness, or emotional healing - there are staff, classes, lectures, and treatments too numerous to list that specifically address your goals. I met several people who were long-time repeat visitors, and I am already planning my next trip. It was truly the best gift I could have ever given myself. I've been home a month, and I still feel the benefits every day.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 100 series are closer to the spa complex if you plan on taking advantage of those facil...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
It was our pleasure helping you attain that tranquility and motivation you were seeking in a personal vacation.  Our guests often express their experience at Canyon Ranch as a gift they have given themselves.  We want you to return home from a vacation here feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and empowered to keep on feeling the benefits of the health and wellness you have experienced with us.  Until we have the pleasure of seeing you again, keep in touch, we are here to help you keep meeting your goals for your healthier future.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

You must do this if you have the money, and interest in the transformative power of knowledge and spirit in a gorgeous desert. I participated in the Life Enhancement Program for weight loss. Canyon Ranch heavily values evidence-based, scholarly literature to guide their programming, which is simply unparalleled in breadth and quality.

This is a must for your bucket list.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you Patrick for your enthusiastic endorsement of our Life Enhancement Program. We look forward to keeping in touch so we might continue to empower you to meet your weight loss goals.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Canyon Ranch is heaven on earth. There is no place that offers as many activities, classes, lectures, services, practitoners, all at one location. Having visited major spa/health resorts worldwide, I strongly feel that no one does it like Canyon Ranch Tucson. It is bubbling with wellness, learning, and fun all wrapped up with a bow. Each time I visit, I cannot believe all that is available to me. I would need to stay for years to do all the activities.(which would suit me to a tee!) The Life Enhancement Center's program really focuses on life in balance. One shouldn't miss this week- long opportunity of a life time. It is truly life-changing. There are special weeks that rotate, plus the general program. You cannot go wrong on any of the LEC weeks. It is like having your private health resort with specialists so full of cutting edge knowledge, special fitness classes, lectures that amaze you, and camaraderie of like-minded new friends you are bound to bond with. It is so exciting to be a part of an LEC class, having the time of your life, learning, laughing, and trying new activities. And don't think for a moment that there is not as much relaxation as you wish. You design your vacation to suit your needs and wants. Canyon Ranch will inquire what YOU want out of your time there. So if it is catching up on much needed sleep, eating delicious meals, having decadent spa pampering, jewelry making, yoga, stretch, meditation, pilates, swimming, cardio classes, walking, hiking, biking, challenging ropes course, whatever pleases you, they make it happen. I think I have talked myself into another vacation there!

Room Tip: Advise the staff if you prefer to be near the clubhouse or spa or if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
One of the definitions of nirvana is “An ideal condition of rest, harmony, stability, or joy”. Your generous review expresses all the facets of this amazing state of mind and body beautifully. We thank you for taking the time to share your Life Enhancement Center vacation (LEC) experience, with such enthusiastic detail, with the readers of TripAdvisor. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back so you might continue to enjoy the benefits of a health and wellness vacation at Canyon Ranch Tucson. May I wish you continued nirvana.
Healthy regards,
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, Canyon Ranch is absolutely gorgeous with countless activities, impeccable service, and opportunities for true relaxation. Only hitch- I didn't realize that the demographic would nearly exclusively be middle aged / retired folks. As someone not in that demographic, it changed the tone of the experience for me and the friend I'm traveling with dramatically. For younger folks looking for a relaxing, posh, active vacation, I'd recommend finding a different place in Sedona or Moab area that isn't an all exclusive experience.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your compliments of the resort and our fine staff. Our staff takes pride in offering the best of service and care of our guests. We are a one-of-a-kind health and wellness experience, focused on significant opportunities for guests of all ages and fitness levels, those wanting to experience a wide range of activities with wellness as the common denominator. A destination spa experience is a very personal choice -- we thank you for visiting and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
Healthy regards,
Kyle Treat

Been to Canyon Ranch in Tucson? Share your experiences!