“the best investment we ever made in our marriage” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Ranch in Tucson

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
You added Canyon Ranch in Tucson to your Saves list
8600 East Rockcliff Road, Tucson, AZ 85750   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New Guests Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
boston, ma and sugar hill, nh
“the best investment we ever made in our marriage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

oh goodness, where does one begin

the whole experience was amazing, and we knew it would be, but it was better, much better, this was the best new year's we could imagine, very nurturing and educational and fun

my husband and I both trusted these lovely professionals and stepped out of our ordinary to try on something and it felt pretty incredible

Mel the founder, wow, how do you describe his vision and inspiration?!

the program advisors couldn't have queued us up better and followed up, Jim at the LEC, made my experience tailor-made just by me asking what seemed a simple question, he lured, yes lured me into his office and got me to reveal my needs and improvised an incredible program...holistic ritual (vicki?), deep tissue massage (shane), ann pardo, john s (love him), julie in spiritual (amazing)...claudia's healing touch, gosh Dr. Brewer, can we get him to move to Boston? and Lisa in nutrition and all the fitness gurus!...I know I'm missing people here and oh how sorry I am, not because we're forgetting them, but too many to list, we couldn't believe how incredibly professional and caring and proficient each one of these ladies and gentlemen are...truly we appreciate their generosity of spirit...thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
On behalf of our remarkable staff in the Life Enhancement Center at Canyon Ranch, thank you for your amazing review. The enthusiasm you show for the LEC program and its staff -- and your outcome, are rewarding for all of us. Making simple changes or making significant health and behavioral choices can really change your life. Our staff love helping each and every guest find just what they can do for improved health long term and I will enjoy passing on your compliments.
We wish you and your husband a healthy and very happy New Year.
Kyle Treat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was our second trip to Canyon Ranch Tucson this year. We will return again in the Spring. We loved all the opportunities to try something old or new: tennis, tai chi, yoga, cooking, etc. The lectures are always superb. The pace and level of activity is yours to determine. The desert landscape is serene and peaceful. It is a children free environment. Staff are outstanding professionals who love their jobs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for joining us for the holidays and we thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at TripAdvisor. It was beautiful and warm here in Tucson and our guests enjoyed many of the hikes, bike rides as well as tennis this season. Our weather permits many opportunities to get outside and be active as well as the extensive activities within the Fitness Center. I will with pleasure pass on your compliments and we look forward to your return this Spring. On behalf of Canyon Ranch Tucson, we wish you a healthy and happy New Year.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was my second trip to Canyon Ranch...and ever better than my first trip. I took advantage of the Life Enhancement Center's Weight Loss Week on my first visit. I learned so much and "got my head on straight". As a result I lost about 25% of my body weight since my first visit, 11 months ago. This time I was able to do more...and I did it all. Morning hikes, morning walks, bike rides, swimming, zumba, yoga, interval training....and more. I had a good session with an exercise physiologist who tweaked my workout routine.
Food was excellent and gave me the opportunity to try new dishes. Enjoyed the Lunch 'n Learn sessions in the demo kitchen with Sean. He demonstrated cooking a healthy meal and served it to the attendees. Also took a 2 hour class on Grilling.
It's such a happy, upbeat place. Staff seems to care about everyone. While I originally balked at the expense, it's the best money I have ever spent.
Although I went with a friend, we had totally different schedules based on personal interests. We would meet for meals. I would be very comfortable traveling alone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Congratulations on so many levels. Choosing the Life Enhancement Center for your first healthy vacation experience at Canyon Ranch was the ultimate way to look at your total health and wellness opportunities. Your goal for weight loss has been very successful and you have experienced how many enjoyable ways there are to be active and fit. Sean will be pleased to hear your complements on the Lunch and Learn cooking classes, he makes cooking healthy fun and delicious. The cooking classes are a favorite activity of our guests and a great way to continue good health with meals created by our fine chefs. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon solo or with friends and family.
Queenstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My family and I have been going to Canyon Ranch for many years and each year it gets better. This year they have spruced up the dining room and club house giving it a little more room and pIzzaz.

Canyon Ranch is a great place to go with family. There is lots to do for everyone -- the men like it just as much as the women. Christmas vacation there is a winner!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We love welcoming families during the holiday season. Not only do you give yourself the gift of enhancing your health, it is rewarding for the Canyon Ranch staff to see health and wellness being passed on from one generation to the next. Thank you for your kind words about the new decor. Best wishes to you and your family for the holidays and the New Year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is my 5th trip to Canyon Ranch in Tucson. It was as wonderful as ever.

The rooms are very nice. They are spacious, with comfortable beds, iPod dock, and a small fridge. The classes are also first rate, and I always feel like the staff is concerned about my health. I think the food is mostly terrific, although on occasion there is a disappointment. The property is beautiful, and it is very quiet due to the policy of no cell phones.

I have always liked that Canyon Ranch is welcoming to all fitness levels. This has not changed.

While it is very expensive to stay here, they don't nickel and dime you once you are on the property. Wifi is included, as are tips. Therefore, you can truly relax and enjoy your stay.

There is no doubt I will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
I am pleased to hear Canyon Ranch Tucson has consistently met your expectations for first rate service and facilities. Our chef continually strives to make the cuisine healthfully creative and satisfying. Feel free anytime to share your favorite menu items, the chef and his staff love to hear feedback from our guests. We will look forward to your return and wishes to you for a very happy and healthy holiday season.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I recently returned home from a 6 day getaway to Canyon Ranch in Tucson, Arizona. I went with 5 other women and had the time of my life. The resort is beautiful, spotless and the staff can't do enough for you!! The instructors are professional, knowledgeable and very encouraging. In fact, I took up spinning after receiving first class training from Ronnie. I loved learning new things every day and I especially enjoyed the hikes every morning. Canyon Ranch gave me the opportunity to be alone if I chose or to be surrounded with a bunch of amazing people from all over the world. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and I can't wait to return next year with the same group of women. It is a fabulous place to go get energized and pampered!!! I highly recommend this vacation to anyone who demands first class service with a smile.

Room Tip: ask to be close to the spa as it is central and requires less walking to the room. Also, it can be d...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Sounds like you had a wonderful getaway; relaxing, rejuvenating and sharing friendships before the busy holiday season. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back next year.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just returned from my first visit and would return tomorrow if I could! The classes are outstanding, the resort is beautiful and the food is delicious. The instructors are enthusiastic and encourage you to work as hard as you can at whatever level that may be. The spa treatments, ropes course, food, and accommodations are first rate!

Room Tip: The rooms are lovely and quiet, so it really doesn't matter which one you stay in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We thank you Molly for choosing Canyon Ranch for your vacation and for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Wishing you a healthy and happy Thanksgiving holiday,
Kyle Treat

Been to Canyon Ranch in Tucson? Share your experiences!