“Place to go in Summer/Year Round” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 122 Attractions in Tucson
Type: Natural History Museums, Museums
Activities: Viewing foliage, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Highlights the diversity of animals world wide. Explains the role of science-based wildlife management for sustainable-use conservation, with emphasis on the role of hunting in biologically responsible wildlife management. Animals are displayed both by taxonomic group and in realistic dioramas which highlight the habitats in which the animals live. The museum has many touchable specimens on display. Insects including butterflies, moths and beetles are featured, as well as mammals, birds and some reptiles.All exhibits are indoors and the facility is air-conditioned. Wildlife movies run hourly from 10 am until 4 pm.
Arizona
25 attraction reviews
“Place to go in Summer/Year Round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is all indoors and fantastically air conditioned. The education for all ages is wonderful. They have done their documentation. Animals are presented in their natural settings so all ages can truly learn where they live and what the animal is like. They have mastodon, mammoth, & saber-tooth artifacts and other prehistoric items! You never find these items outside of a Smithsonian.

16 attraction reviews
“The southwest as it is”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was so impressed with all the lifelike animals that were in display on their natural habitat. There is so much information that I thought very interesting and very informative to our out of state tourist and also to our local residents and especially to the children's education.

Visited September 2012
10 attraction reviews
“Great place to visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Loads of fun for the kids, but educational for adults as well. A real hands on experience. Personally we haven't been ther in some time, but we always recommend this place to visiting friends. All have enjoyed it, especially those with children.

“Loved this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've been stationed in Tucson for 3 years and I don't know how I have never heard of this place!! My son happened to go on a field trip for school and told me about and when I had family come to visit I thought it would be fun to check it out. Not only did the kids have a blast but the adults loved it too. I loved that you pretty much walk along a path through the museum so I didn't have to keep my 2 year old strapped in a stroller the whole time. It's fun to see animals at the zoo but this place really puts the size of giant animals into perspective. Where else can you stand face to face with a polar bear, lion , or walk under a giraffe? My daughter was a little scared of the nighttime desert scene but other than that the kids had a great time. It was cheap and got us out of the house when it was 113 degrees outside.

Visited June 2013
Wetumpka AL
5 attraction reviews
“A great place to learn about wildlife and wildlife conservation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I can heartily recommend the International Wildlife Museum in Tucson. It is very educational as the various dioramas and displays show the animals' habitats as well.