“What a delightful surprise!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Sierra vista
“What a delightful surprise!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

There's something that gives Saffron an almost fast-food feel but it's certainly not the food! I think it may be the noise level or the tables but regardless the cuisine is delicious! Naan was spot on which you'd expect in a tandoor oven. I had the chicken korma and basmati which was creamy and very tasty. I ordered medium but could have easily gone with hot (better to be safe than sorry until you've tried it though). Very helpful servers, quick service, loved the art and light fixtures and the prices were very reasonable. They have family-style servings for easy sharing. I'll be back!

Visited May 2014

Tucson, Arizona
“A great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Everything about Saffron is excellent: the food, service & atmosphere! My husband & I took our family there so were a bit nervous since we had said how good it is. Everyone agreed how good the food was. We celebrated my birthday & the waiter brought a free almond ice cream with a candle & it was delish! After dinner our waiter invited us into the kitchen for a demo of how Indian bread is made & then gave us some to take home. The entire evening was exceptional!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, AZ
“indian food at it's finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recommend this place for lunch! The prices are great and atmosphere is wonderful. I enjoy their LARGE selection of food and authenticity. Try the fancy drinks, they are delicious.

Visited September 2013
Medina, OH
“Best Indian food I have ever encountered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Located in a rather non-descript plaza on North Oracle, at the complete opposite end from Kohl's, one could easily miss Saffron. I highly recommend that you do not. Inside you will find a modern motif, a friendly wait staff, and great food.

I chose the Mumbai Aloo from their extensive vegetarian menu, as well as an order of Naan bread. The serving size was MORE than generous, and while I usually don't eat as much food as I was served, there was no way that I was going to leave one morsel behind.....it was that good. I believe it was the best Indian food I have ever had. I truly left stuffed!

I also must give accolades to my server Laura, who was most pleasant and attentive.

The pricing, while not cheap, is indicative of the quality of food Saffron provides. I would rather pay a little more and get a LOT more, than to save a couple of bucks. I most definitely intend on visiting again!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Very Good Interiors, average on taste for indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I visited for dinner with my family and I liked the Interiors very much, clean, peaceful and high in infrastructure quality. I waited for 10 minutes before someone came to our place to take the order, and it took another 10-15 mins to get the order on table. I was expecting the food to be as good as the place, but was little low in that regards. We tried only one vegetable with Naan and a lassi. Missing real Indian taste. Worth to mention I didn't find any restaurant in Tucson which can give me the taste I am looking for. Saffron is good place to gather and have small parties etc. For food I would give average rating. Happy eating :)

Visited February 2014