“there's a part of my heart that never leaves this place” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Santa Barbara, California
“there's a part of my heart that never leaves this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Shot In The Dark Cafe is the best place to go if you're looking for a chill atmosphere with comfortable seating, artsy decor, and occasional entertainment. The staff have always been friendly, helpful, and interesting to talk to. They care about their business, and they know their stuff.
The meals are excellently priced and delicious. My choice is usually the hummus platter, a plate full of delight sized perfectly to share with a friend (or totally pig out on, if you're me).
I've been going to Shot In The Dark since 2007, for a couple brief moves to Tucson and a few visits. I'm continuously satisfied with the service and atmosphere.
There really is a part of my heart that never leaves this place. It's the first thing I think of anytime someone mentions Tucson. It's also my favorite coffee shop in any of the three states I've lived in.
If you're a tourist, keep in mind that this is a good place to stop between the courthouse/library photo ops and that groovy rattlesnake overpass. It's also right next to one of Tucson's main city bus transit centers and the train station.
They have something to offer everyone, whether you're looking for a cheap breakfast on your way to work or a place to gather with your friends for an all day conversation over coffee. (But if you are going to be there all day, be courteous and keep ordering things. It's all pretty tasty, anyway.)
I've actually debated buying a flight to Tucson just to sit around in Shot In The Dark cafe again and feel that warm Tucson air as I'm drinking a huge glass of mocha, watching beams of sunset through the city walls and windows.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sonoma, California
“disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

there are homeless people and thieves who hang out there for the free computer use. my phone was stolen and i was continually harassed be weirdos. go there at your own risk

Visited June 2011
Tucson, Arizona
“Drama with my coffee!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This morning I got the worst attitude with the guy that has the handle bar mustache. What an a hole! I ordered a triple espresso on ice to go and asked nicely " if it could be put in a large cup". He said in an irritable way "NO!". I insntantly wanted to walk out at that moment but figured I just hang in there and not make a big deal. I said " all I want is a large cup of ice with espresso in it". He than gave me what I asked for and I even tipped him after that. Than I went to put some half n half in it and sat down by a computer. This loser comes over to me and says "Your drink should be 5.oo dollars since u put that cream in it. So you ripped me off just like I said you would" I told him "I dont want any dram first thing in the morning dude" I got my stuff and walked out. What a dueche bag! This guy seemed like he was hung over or something. But thats the last time i ever want to see that a hole! Shot in the dark is a sh8t hole anyways but i guess thats part of its character. That guys really licky i left and kept my mouth shut because i was ready to unleash a whole lotta New York on his a$s. Ruined my f'n day! There are so many other places to get a coffee and use a computer. F this place!!!!!

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tucson
“Great Food, Great Coffee, And Changing Decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

Open 24/7 every day of the year... They consistently have very good food and coffee and if you happen to be a smoker, have a screened in smoking room just for you. Have just put in new booths and always have some new interesting art work on their walls.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“dirty. gross. too grunge...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

dirty. gross. too grunge for me.