“Go down the street for Pizza.... You'll be better off.” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 30 restaurants in Oyster Bay
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast Food, Soups
oyster bay
“Go down the street for Pizza.... You'll be better off.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Went into Subway last week with a complimentary $5.00 subway card from a Verizon mailer promo. Walked in and found the cashier already arguing with a customer over correct change or something to that nature. I didnt really pay attention as it wasnt my battle. As I tried to order a sub, I saw that there was a big hair clump on the Turkey... I quickly decided against that and changed my order to a BMT.... The Sandwich preparer then said I couldn't change my order.... (Lol, only the meat had been put on the bread at this point). When I asked for the Manager, she only told me that I would have to call him, but she didnt have his cell number (??? Are you kidding me?)

When she finally agreed to make a BMT for me, I thought that my issues were over, but when I presented the $5.00 card to her (It was a Subway card with Verizon's logo on it) she said they weren't participating in that promo. I said, ok but I would have to go and get cash because I originally went there thinking that I had $5 to spend and didnt bring more than what I was carrying. At this she started yelling at me for causing so much trouble...

The other customers there started to laugh and chuckle because between the cashier and Preparer, it was a total joke. A Postman who had witnessed the whole debacle said that he goes there often (he gets a great deal, he said), but in the last few months, the owner/manager had made serious cutbacks and that this postman was now considering picking up his lunch somewhere else.

Long story short, a customer who had come well after my situation was underway, also saw the hair and the whole story began to repeat..... Moral of the story... When given a $5 promo card, throw it away and go get pizza.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love subway food. I like...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

Love subway food. I like their variety. When I'm on the go, this is where i like to go