“Always dependable” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
Syosset, NY
“Always dependable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Terrific place-- really should get there more often. Have probably been there 1/2 dozen times and thoroughly enjoyed them all.

Visited July 2013

NEW YORK
“HAPPY CAMPER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I enjoy the friendly wait staff who are always pleasant and responsive. The meals are execellent, kudos to the chef.You like duck soft shelled crabs ,raw oysters, then this is the place.The owner Lenny and his son Russ are great hosts. We walk away from the table very happy.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oyster Bay, New York
“Perhaps my favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The food here is always good. I can almost always find Duck (I love duck) on the menu. The double for the price of a single appitizer happy hour is great. I go here frequently and only have a good meal. The people at the bar are friendly and welcomeing of new commers. Truly the place to get feel for the real Oyster Bay NY. The atmosphere is homelike. It may be for some but this is not a place for a special occasion in my view. But the food at many special occ. places is not close to as good. Go to the Coach-you have a good meal/time

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Just ordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Food is copious but the chef has a really heavy hand with the oregano. Have been several times and always leave disappointed due to the oregano business.

Visited September 2012
Oyster Bay, New York
“Good food on a noisy Friday night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

On a snowy friday night we decided to venture out and try another new restaurant for us in the really pleasant town of oyster bay. As we pulled up to the side of the entrance of the restaurant i was at first pleased that there was valet available. But was disappointed when the attendant did not get the door for my girlfriend (nor mine for that manner). However i know I'm old fashioned that way, so i quickly let it go, as I was looking forward to eating some good food after a long week at work.
The atmosphere inside is as american as it gets, with the bar and a few tables as soon as you walk in. Thecrowd on a Friday night was rambuncuous and generally loud. We were seated without much delay into a smaller but very pleasant dining room and since it was later, we were given our choice of tables. There were several couples having quiet conversations, so the contrast of the quiet restaurant and the loud bar area was stark. My girlfriend chose to start with the raspberry sangria and although the sangria was not available, they made her an alternate that she found enjoyable. I had a Belvedere martini, and it was served correctly. Olives and up. Having not eaten here before, I wanted to try several of the items on the appetizer menu to get a feel for the overall quality of the food. We ordered in no particular order, the stuffed artichoke, french onion soup, stuffed mushroom caps, and salmon that was "salt cured". All of the food came out at once which was ok, but it might have been nice to space it out just a bit so it was all hot. I didnt request this, however, so i place no fault on our server who was both friendly and courteous. All of the food was very good and if I had to be honest with myself, the cured salmon with dill cucumbers was the best meal followed closely by the soup. The way the soup was presented is as close to the best i have seen outside of Quebec. Well done! The menu promised us the "best stuffed artichoke in the universe", and while it was good, Ive had better in several restaurants here and none better than in Italian restaurants. However, as said before, all the food was really very good. I would certainly have awarded another star, but given the volume of noise coming from the animated bar crowd, I suppose I may adjust this up in the future. Having a noisy crowd is not something I hold the restaurant accountable for, but it certainly contributed to our dining experience.
Overall, we enjoyed ourselves and would invite friends to come back with us.