“Best blueberry pie... EVER!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Oradell, New Jersey
“Best blueberry pie... EVER!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My honey and I wandered down from the top of the hill looking for dinner. We heard a live band, and it drew us to Water Street Tavern. The kitchen was closing, but they seated us anyway, and didn't scrimp on the service.

The staff is great, they were very attentive. Our meals were fresh and good. As we all know (or should know), it's not a meal without dessert. My blueberry pie was so good, I may drive the 7 hours north for another piece.

They could benefit from having one of the local Maine craftsmen, of which I hear there are many, come up with some innovative way to create a screen door that fits the hole people walk in and out of. The bird-sized mosquitoes thought I was <i>their</i> dessert, and feasted on my exposed skin.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

derwood, md
“Food was only OK, People working there were Great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My spouse and I ate here recently on the last night of our week long Maine seafood eating and driving tour. The restaurant overlooks the water. The food that we ordered was "OK", my spouses salmon was a little "fishy" tasting, my scallops were missing something (I kept salting them). The service and friendliness of the people working there, however, was outstanding. The owner brought us a free appetisor (clams in a red hot sausage sauce) which was also only "OK" (but free). The clams were sandy, but again they were free.

I'd probably eat here again, moreso because of the nice people working there, rather than the food. Two young sisters working there were from Lithuania and very pleasant to talk to.

I think the owner needs to take a hard look at the staff in the kitchen preparing the food.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Frostburg, Maryland
“Great food - family friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Ate here on our last day in Lubec. The stuffed Quahogs were delicious. The restaurant was very accommodating to my 4 month old twins, even when one of them continued to fuss. We were thankful to be able to eat a meal out and the service was great.

• Visited July 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brunswick, Maine
“Wonderful Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

My wife and I took a day trip down east to see Quoddy Head and Lubec. After visiting the lighthouse went went into town for lunch with no set plans. We drove in on Main Street until we came to the end. And there was the Water Street Tavern. What a spot. The interior is light and airy, the service was very friendly and the Lobster Stew was really outstanding. Great for a chilly day.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Machias, Maine
“Amazing Cuisine and Genuine Friendliness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Not only is the food at the Water Street Tavern & Inn in Lubec, ME delicious, mouth-watering, absolutely yummy; the service is terrific (especially Greg-waiter exceptionale), but the owners are always on site and are genuinely friendly, caring, and interested in honest feedback. Anyone living in Washington County, Campobello, NB, or those of you lucky enough to visit Lubec - be sure to dine at the Water Street Tavern & Inn....you'll be happy (and satisfied) that you did.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere