“very cool spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at the Wharf

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lubec
The Inn at the Wharf
69 Johnson St., Lubec, ME 04652   |
Special Offer
20% off Whale/Water Tour!
Ranked #4 of 8 Lubec B&B and Inns
Nova Scotia
“very cool spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Reception was good. The room was very clean and spacious. The beds were super comfy. Had an amazing view of the ocean. Extremely well priced. Great location. 2 minutes walk to town. The in house restaurant was great. Supper was fantastic and breakfast was very good. Lots of selection. They have a yoga studio and a small gift shop

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've stayed at the Inn at the Wharf during previous visits to Lubec and always enjoyed my stay. There are a number of reasons I keep staying there when attending Summerkeys (http://www.summerkeys.com): 1) I love the view of the water; 2) the rooms are immaculate and comfortable; 3) access to a full kitchen in the common area; 4) the wonderful freshly baked muffins each morning (a continental breakfast is included); and 5) the owners (Victor and Judy) and staff's friendliness.

I also enjoy seeing the fishing boats docking and unloading their catch on the adjacent dock and treating myself to an inexpensive lobster dinner ($16). When I asked them to leave the ear of corn off my lobster dinner, the server immediately asked me if I'd prefer another vegetable and offered a choice of spinach or asparagus. I chose the asparagus and it was cooked perfectly (and not overcooked).

The only problem this summer was related to the internet...after the power went out the first evening, it was difficult and sometimes impossible to connect. The owners did get some computer techs out the next day and things were marginally better. When I expressed concern about having a reliable connection and that I preferred not to sit in the common room to do my online banking, the staff told me that I could come and sit at a desk in the office if necessary (fortunately I got online from my room long enough one afternoon to take care of what I needed to do).

Connectivity continued to be problematic for the entire two week period I stayed there. Sometimes it would work fine, and other times it would be difficult to connect or if you were connected, the connection would suddenly drop. According to the owners, they've ordered a larger commercial wireless system that hasn't come in yet. I hope it fixes the problem...in previous years, internet connectivity wasn't a problem. Having a reliable connection is a necessity in today's world, especially in Lubec (due to its remote location, many cell phones do not get a signal, and thus cannot be used as a wifi alternative).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Waltham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We arrived here later then expected, therefore got the worst room. It was right on top of a working dock which work began promptly at 6am. There was no privacy on our deck, however the view was beautiful. It was bit expensive for what it was, uncomfortable bed and Ikea chairs. It was very sterile, not rugs, was not very warm. Had no AC. Low water pressure in shower. The restaurant there was disappointing, it will be worth your while eat someplace else. Service was almost non existent.

Room Tip: Get there early or else youll end up in a bad room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My daughter and I recently spent 5 nights at the Inn and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a roomy, comfortable apartment-with a private porch overlooking the bay. The place was spacious, well-equipped and spotlessly clean. The bay at high tide actually laps against the building--creating soothing sounds. The sunsets were beautiful and seemed to improve with each passing night. The Inn is built on a working wharf, with fishing boats docking at the pier each afternoon. The wharf sounds and smells only added to the charm of the place and made it seem an authentic fishing village. We thoroughly enjoyed exploring Lubec--visiting the shops, library, light house and enjoyed a SummerKeys concert. Lubec is conveniently located for visiting Campobello, Eastport and for taking a day trip to New Brunswick via the Deer Island Ferry, from Campobello Island. I would highly recommend a stay at the Inn and hope to return in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The view was spectacular, and we could eat inside or out on the deck. We had a delicious breakfast... wonderful coffee, not just an aside, but so good that people were coming in to take out (coffee). We also had an omelet and Eggs Benedict... nice presentation with a small arrangement of fresh fruit, and potatoes. Prices are reasonable and fair. Staff is friendly. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Breakfast is the only meal we have had so far... we intend to go back.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

After researching places to go on a road trip this summer, I decided I wanted to visit Campobello Park. The Inn at the Wharf was a wonderful place to stay to access the park and enjoy the town of Lubec. The value is unbeatable and the view from the attached deck is amazing. I was a little concerned that it was July and there was no A/C, especially since it was over 100 back home. We slept with the window open and had a very pleasant night. Who knew that an old sardine factory could turn into such a charming inn?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We just wrapped up 5 great nights at The Inn at the Wharf. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed the morning yoga classes offered, a nice way to start the day. It is definitely a working wharf area, but for us, it added to the experience.

Our apartment was very well equipped and extremely comfortable. The feeling of literally being on the water added to the charm.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to The Inn at the Wharf? Share your experiences!