“Looking for value…DON'T STAY HERE!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Providence Hotel

You added Omni Providence Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Providence Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 West Exchange Street, Providence, RI 02903 (Formerly The Westin Providence)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Trumbull, United States
“Looking for value…DON'T STAY HERE!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We booked a hotel room here for a recent New England regional Irish Dance competition. Due to the large number of people attending this event, booking had to be done immediately or rooms sold out. A group rate was available but again, sold out quick. This was our first time staying here but third time in Providence for this event. Was disappointed to find no amenities for what we paid for. With the exception of a friendly staff, the hotel provides nothing extra. The coffee/tea was set up in the lobby in the morning and taken away by 8 am. No real breakfast to speak of. Internet costs $10/day to use-REALLY!!! Beds were small-we had 2 doubles. Would have been nice to have queen size for my wife and our 2 daughters. Hotel connected to Providence Convention Center and Providence Place mall which is nice especially if it is cold outside. However, at $170 per night (group rate) or $260 per night (regular rate), I would have expected a bit more for my money. Save your money and stay out of downtown and drive in to the city. We had a better deal at Holiday Inn Express-Warwick for $75/night and had all amenities above included.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel and amenities are very nice. Connected to the convention center where our confefence was. Everything was very good until 11-19 when the power went out on one side of the hotel. Our room had power but no TV, we could not use the pool and gym after our seminar. It was an off premises outage and they did give us a discount.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Lovely hotel, great service and location.. but... Beware of sneaky charges! I was charged for daily wifi use without being forewarned of these charges. And, copies made in the "business center", a closet sized room in the back of the gift shop, were billed at $3 a page, without clear info that there was any charge at all.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Dover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Omni because we were there for the New England Irish Dance Championships. We were put in the East Tower - which is further from the convention center and were a bit disappointed as we had an infant with us - however, that disappointment was short lived when we got to our room. We had a corner room and it was HUGE. We had a nook to set up the pack and play and still had room for my daughter and I to move around. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was also very big. Separate shower, great lighting aound the vanity. We ate at the Italian Restaurant (Centro), it was very good, I had the chicken parm and it was fresh and delicious and my daughter split it with me (there was more than enough) and we also had the kids mac & cheese which we ordered to feed the baby - no box mac & cheese hre - it was fresh and delicious. We also ordered room service one night and were a bit disappointed. It was outrageously expensive - but you kind of expect that for room service. We were told 30-45 minutes and it took an hour and 20 minutes for it to arrive - I understand it was extremely busy, but if you say 45 minutes, get it there in 45 minutes. If it is going to take an hour, say that. My daughter ordered a turkey club sanwich with no tomato and not only were there tomatoes in her sandwich, there were also cooked mushrooms. I also ordered a sandwich. It was okay, the fries were undercooked and soggy. We got only one set of silverware and no salt and pepper. This one meal was really my only issue with the hotel. The room was spotless, the staff friendly and efficient and we had a great experience. The walkway to the Mall is also great. I would highly recommend the Omni to anyone visiting Providence.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Providence Omni has large corner suites with a huge bathroom featuring both a tub and shower. The suite have ample space with a separate seating, work area and sleeping area. Be aware that not all suites have a queen sleeper sofa. Some suites only feature a regular sofa.

Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is located in the best possible spot for a visit to downtown Providence, which must be the reason the rate is a bit on the expensive side - location, location, location. We parked in the self park garage adjacent to the hotel rather than utilize the valet parking. Everything you need to get to and from the hotel, is connected on the inside - almost like an airport - with super wide hallways, ramps, bridges, and escalators, you can be swept around to the convention center, extensive shopping, restaurants, parking, etc. You really never have to venture outside if you don't want to!

The room was extremely clean, and well appointed, but was a bit on the small side. While our room was more than adequate, I was a bit surprised because I had been expecting a more luxurious room in an 'Omni'. It was located right next to a hall entry door near the top of the grand staircase by the elevators and the meeting rooms - consequently there was a lot of door banging, at all hours. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that is more internal. (Also - maybe there are fancier rooms for the asking??)

The beds were on the small side for two people - they were doubles (smaller than a queen), but the sheets were nice and clean and the pillows were abundant - the beds looked inviting but in fact they were a bit lumpy.

The fresh white towels were the best part of the room -and they were plush! They provided more towels than any other hotel we've been to. So that was awesome. (The toiletries they provided were neatly packaged as well).

Some other nice touches were: plenty of hangers in the closet, and two luggage racks.

The heating system was also great - it wasn't noisy at all - and the room temperature was consistent.

Our window view was essentially the on and off ramps of the highway - but it was kind of interesting to look at.

Having said all of this - the room was actually perfect for us, as as we needed to be on a low floor near the stairs. Which I had asked for when I made the reservations - but alas, did not get. Luckily, upon check-in, the front desk did their best to accommodate us and did in fact change the room. The front desk and staff were very friendly - and the bell hops were really working hard.

The room service breakfast was rather expensive. While attractively laid out, there were no plates provided, which was weird, and the cold beverage part of the order was missing. However, it was promptly delivered when we advised them.

There looked to be an upscale Italian restaurant, and a wine bar/lounge in the hotel - but we did not avail ourselves at either. There was also a cafe in the hallway area. We did though have take out, which we ate in the lobby, - which the front desk allowed, - which I thought was weird, and did not look nice for the lobby. There was another more private place offered under an escalator leading to the ballroom - but it was very crowded at the time we were there.

If I ever have to go to Providence again - and require a busy central location - I would not hesitate to visit the hotel again.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I attended a conference at this hotel. I stayed three nights. From the time of check-in through check-out, I was impressed with this hotel and its staff.

The bell staff was outstanding. In addition to being especially quick in helping travelers unload their luggage, the staff was exceptional in securing taxis. In one case, I wanted a taxi to drive me around the Brown University area, stopping occasionally so I could walk or take a picture. The doorman spoke to a taxi driver on my behalf, explaining what I wanted. The driver then pulled up and took me on my tour, providing narration as well as transportation.

Check-in was so fast and painless I don't remember doing it,

My room was clean and nicely decorated. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. the view from the window was nice. Housekeeping did an outstanding job cleaning the room. In addition, the housekeeping staff was friendly in the hallways, always saying hello or good morning/afternoon. A problem with a blowdryer was remedied as soon as I showed the housekeeper.

While there were restaurants in the hotel, I didn't dine at either one.

The food provided as part of the conference was very good. There were some temperature issues with rooms being cold and the staff worked to fix the problem.

The hotel location is great! It is next to a large mall accessible via covered walkway. The convention center is nearby, too. The hotel is also near downtown; those who like to walk can walk to many destinations including the restaurants in Federal Hill.

The only glitch: there is a charge to use the hotel's business center. This is the only hotel I have visited to have such a charge.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Omni Providence Hotel? Share your experiences!