“Solid All the Way Around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Providence Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Providence Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Providence Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 West Exchange Street, Providence, RI 02903 (Formerly The Westin Providence)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in Providence
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Solid All the Way Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great Location in Downtown Providence. Semi-luxurrious accommodations. Very good, well-equipped fitness center with a separate weight room, and TVs on each apparatus. Fleming's Steakhouse on the ground floor. Valets are fiendly and prompt.

797 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Fall River, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We booked here through an express deal on Priceline for a last minute Anniversary weekend away. We were pretty much able to deduce which hotel we were getting based on the amenities offered. We were aware that they are undergoing a huge renovation project so took that into consideration. We also booked two separate reservations through Priceline because we added an extra day to the end of our reservation. I was a little concerned because when I called reservations to confirm that they had both of our reservations and to ask if we could have a bed type, I was brushed off because of how we booked. The woman on the phone was not overly polite and seemed offended that we used a discount booking service. The attitude at the hotel could not have been more different from that woman. Everyone from valet and bell staff to the reception and housekeeping was so nice and helpful.

They had us down for a 2 double bed room and had no problems switching us to a king room. We were on in 1262 in the East tower. It was definitely in need of the renovations, but we didn't notice anything major, just some wear and tear on the carpets, wallpaper and bathroom accessories. Our room was quite large with a bed, dresser, desk/chair, and an additional side chair near the windows. While we'd hoped to be able to see Waterfire from the room, our view was overlooking Kennedy Plaza and College hill and it looked like a postcard. The windows open some so we were able to change the air in the room and enjoy the smell of the fires during Waterfire. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was as well. Having a fridge in the room was great! I was happy to see if wasn't automatically stocked with overpriced minibar items. Bottled water and coffee in the room were a nice touch too. The bathroom was large with plenty of towels and counter space. I love that the towels are large enough to wrap yourself in them. The bathroom was a little worn, but will look great when renovated. The closet in the room is very large and had a ton of hangers. There was also an iron/board and safe in the closet. I don't know why people had a hard time with the thermostat or found it loud. Ours was easy to set and very quiet. The room overall was quiet. We didn't notice how quiet until we opened the windows for fresh air. Once we closed them, it was almost silent even though it was rush hour in the city.

The pool and hot tub are small but lovely, though they do use a lot of chemicals in them. They're a little hard to get to from the east tower - you have to go to the lobby, up separate elevators, then up stairs from the fitness center or go through the lobby to elevators in the west tower, neither of which are very convenient.

The hotel is right in downtown Providence, connected to the mall via skywalk and convenient to all the local shops and restaurants. Valet is more than happy to give directions to anywhere you need to go. We were able to walk to many different attractions and great restaurants. Providence is a small-ish city, so nothing is very far even if you do need to drive.

The renovation work is extensive and there are some minor inconveniences during them. Overall though, they did an excellent job at minimizing the disturbances to the guests. We're looking forward to seeing the updates to the property when they're completed!

My one complaint is that wifi is not free. I travel a number of times a year for work and pleasure and try to keep in touch with my family via internet calls. Thankfully this was a romantic weekend away and my smartphone worked for looking up attractions/making reservations. I would have hated to pay between $9-15 a day for internet access in an already expensive hotel. If I were traveling on my own for business purposes, I would probably pick somewhere else rather than end up with $50 in internet charges.

Room Tip: East tower is newer than the west tower. Ask for a room away from the highway and elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hartford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was my second stay at the Omni, and I found everything to my satisfaction, except the internet room access, which was finally resolved on my last night in the hotel. The staff are friendly and courteous, the rooms spotless, and the location can't be beat!

new york, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Omni is a wonderful hotel , close to food, attractions. Very clean, in fact immaculate. Staff friendly and helpful at any hour. We went for Waterfire and saw it from our room - awesome! Parking a little expensive 28/day but overall an excellent stay

Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a great hotel! I stay here for business trips and absolutely love it! They give excellent service, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff is very friendly. Both restaurants, Centro and Flemings are top notch with their food preparation and the food is very good. The bell staff is always helpful, polite, and always offers if I need directions or help. They go well out of their way to help me when I come and go. During my last stay they had a meet and greet for everyone staying at the hotel and served h’orderves and drinks and the hotel staff met everyone. They also collected everyone’s business cards and were giving out a free stay. Also the room service is awesome too. When I order room service it takes less than 15-20 minutes for them to deliver it to my room and it’s fresh, hot and good food. Overall, I think this hotel is top notch; they always go above and beyond to help and remain friendly. I’ve never had any issues with this hotel and I would recommend anyone travelling to use it. Great choice for the money, and the views are nice of the downtown Providence area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is very pretty, right in downtown but oddly difficult to find. We had to do two turnarounds and so did my friend who visited the next day. The rooms are very nice, modern, but thermostat is difficult to control making the room very cold. Fitness center was beautiful but I did not see water, only a coffee station (very odd). Pool is nice but small. Breakfast buffet for us was included and quite delicious. The cheese platter with the waterfire package was a bust, and contained nuts, to which my daugter is allergic.

Jericho Center, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed at the Omni in Providence RI for two nights and had a great time. Close to all city attractions, restaurants and shopping - it was a friendly and safe environment. The staff was very accommodating and took care of all of our needs.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Providence Hotel? Share your experiences!