“Very Nice Downtown Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Providence Hotel

You added Omni Providence Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Providence Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 West Exchange Street, Providence, RI 02903 (Formerly The Westin Providence)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida
“Very Nice Downtown Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

It's obvious that Providence has worked hard to up-their-game in terms of city attractiveness - and the Omni is an excellent example of development success. The hotel is well situated on the edge of this very walkable downtown and it is connected to the very nice city center mall. The entrance and lobby area speak both quality and warmth. My room was on an upper floor and it was first rate. The bed was extra comfy and all amenities were consistent with what I expect when staying in a major brand hotel in a downtown setting. One thought - my room was on the north side of the hotel and I heard more freeway noise (I95 is very close) then I'd prefer. I'd think selecting a room on the south side might be the better idea? Regardless - I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: South side rooms may be quieter than north side rooms due to freeway noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
ND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

It was a great area to stay for the conference.
Attached to the conference center and a mall with some great shops and dining.

The staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfy.
I would stay again and recommend the Omni Providence.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PRVOMNIMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Providence and found the location convenient. Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor and we hope for a future opportunity to welcome you back.
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a nice hotel in the middle of Providence. You can walk to nearly anywhere you would want to go in the town. The staff is incredibly friendly and will go out of their way to help you.

Now that I've said the good, here's why it only received 4 stars. Parking is $18 a night which is a quite the price for downtown Providence. I've paid less at beachside resorts. Also, my room, albeit clean, seemed a bit dingy from overuse. The carpets were stained, the moldings chipped, paint looked aged and the light in my shower flickered on and off. This hotel is in need of going over.

That said, I'd still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I generally will give business-class hotels in the Omni-Westin-Hilton category a Very Good rating if they provide the superior experience that such hotels promise, but don't happen to offer something exceptional that would incent me to fill in the extra circle, or have some shortcoming that would cause me to dip further town into the category choices. I stayed in this hotel two nights while attending a nearby conference, and it fulfills my requirements for the rating I've given. I also like to take walking tours in cities I've not visited before (or often; I've been in Providence before, but it's been awhile), and this hotel is centrally located for ones I found on the Internet.

Though I can't comment on value since the hotel bill was covered directly by the conference, my experience here was good, and I would definitely put this hotel on my list of places to consider for a return trip to the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We knew we wanted to stay right in downtown Providence so we could walk everywhere we went for the weekend. Based on this we choose the cheapest hotel meeting that criteria on Priceline's Express Deals and were so happy that we ended up at the Omni. Valet parking was easy, the staff at reception was friendly and explained their rewards program thoroughly (getting us both in-room Wi-Fi and room service drinks in the morning for free), our room was very clean, spacious, and very importantly, very quiet. We went to the gym and my husband, who travels a lot for work, was very impressed by the size and quality of machines. I would highly recommend the Omni.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
PRVOMNIMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Providence and found the location convenient. Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We came down from boston to look at a dog and decided to stay the weekend. We booked on Priceline and the room was a great value. Staff was friendly and the room was clean and somewhat nice. The hotel is a little dated but is right on downtown. Providence is really a pretty crappy area though. We are surprised how run down everything was. The omni charges 10$ for wifi so that was super lame and so 5years ago.

• Stayed July 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Omni for a conference, as it was the conference recommended hotel I didn't really choose it, but I was pleasantly surprised!
Starting with the basics: the room is very big with a huge bathroom (room 1911), and everything is spotless. The staff were super-nice & quick to respond to any request.
I signed up for their complimentary "Select Guest" membership program prior to arrival and got a room upgrade without asking for one. It also gives you free wireless internet throughout the hotel (room included) and a complimentary beverage delivered to your door in the morning at your time of choosing. Yep -- a pot of coffee delivered to your door when you wake up! GREAT touch, really made my stay.
I took a look around the fitness center and was impressed by the size -- didn't get a chance to use it though.
No problem with the elevators -- really quick up & down 20 floors and no wait.
Regarding location -- if you're there for a conference/convention it's perfect -- the hotel is directly connected to the Convention Center without going outside (and to the nextdoor mall too, which is also convenient). Not only that but the hotel is walking distance from the anywhere we wanted to be in Providence outside the conference -- cafes, restaurants, bars etc. (and good ones) are all minutes away. No noise from the highway -- I was on a high floor though.
The only 2 complaints I have is that the wireless was weak in most of the room (although there was also a wired option which worked great and was also complimentary) and that the AC unit was a bit loud and was slow to respond when I tried to change the temperature. But overall this hardly affected my stay and would definitely look to stay at an Omni next time I travel.

Room Tip: high floor = no highway noise corner room 1911 was big and had a huge bathroom
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Omni Providence Hotel? Share your experiences!