“Solid 4 Star Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Providence Hotel

You added Omni Providence Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Providence Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 West Exchange Street, Providence, RI 02903 (Formerly The Westin Providence)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Providence
New York, New York
“Solid 4 Star Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at the Omni Providence for the Brown alumni weekend. We had a group discount rate which made this hotel attractive. The hotel is not a Four Seasons or anything of the sort, but it is fantastic as a business hotel. The gym was large & clean. The breakfast on the 2nd floor was great & the servers were just as attentive as a Four Seasons. We also enjoyed a light lunch in the bar which was good. The room was small & you could hear noise in the hallway, however, the bed was soft, king sized & very comfortable. I couldn't tell you what else is going on hotel wise in Providence- seemed limited- but i'd return to the Omni in the future for other Brown events or business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had a great experience staying at the Omni Providence for the Memorial Day Weekend. Customer service was outstanding. The cheerful front desk team made check-in easy and quick. Special recognition to Erik Berlied, front desk manager who went out of his way to insure that we had a pleasant stay. Room was spacious, clean and quiet. Ate at Centro, one of the hotel restaurants. Food was excellent, nicely presented and plentiful. Service attentive and friendly. Location is great attached to Providence Place Mall and a CVS.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PRVOMNIMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for recommending the Omni Providence on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a great stay and hope you will return soon!
Leverett, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family stayed at the Omni Providence for Brown University Graduation weekend in May 2013. The Omni, from reservations to check-in, dining, and valet services was excellent. The car valet service, given the busy weekend, was speedy and obligingly cheerful. Restaurant service was also welcoming, efficient and warm.

Westchester County, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was full (graduation weekend, a wedding, Memorial Day weekend) and I was amazed each time we called the valet desk for our car, we found it downstairs and ready by the time we got there. I was extremely impressed! Room service was also impressive. Our room was very nice, the bed was quite comfortable - nice bedding. The bathroom products were quite ordinary. I had expected a little higher quality for the room rate. Overall, very pleasant, not sure it is worth the high rate. It was an expensive stay. Love Providence though and certainly look forward to returning to the city.

Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I decided to get a one-night, spur-of-the-moment getaway to Providence via Newport, where we spent most of the day. I booked this hotel with Priceline, so I got a very nice rate. Until very recently this property was the Westin Providence, a circa-1993 addition to the hotel scene in Providence. There was much to like about the hotel: a large, clean, very comfortable and quiet room; very accommodating and friendly service at the front desk (we asked for a refrigerator in the room and it was delivered at no extra cost); the great location of the hotel, right in the middle of the downtown action, with very close proximity to fabulous restaurants, indoor access to Providence Place Mall and the RI Convention Center, and a three minute walk to Waterplace with its RiverFire on selected weekends. There were a few thing that I found a bit irksome, however: one may take advantage of the valet parking at a higher price than self-parking in the adjacent garage, but that means waiting for your car to be delivered; the garage I found confusing at first, signs directed hotel customers to proceed to Level 4 East for parking and entry to the hotel, but the signs were a bit unclear, and I had to keep driving around until I found a very rare spot for Handicap parking; Getting to the lobby was also initially confusing, but with assistance from a gift shop employee (on Level 4) we were directed to go down a long escalator to the lobby on Level 1; this hotel does not have a courtesy shuttle like most hotels we've stayed at in Providence, so one has to hire a cab, of which there are many at the front of the hotel; in-room WiFi is not complimentary, about $9 per session; I tried to buy a croissant with jam to go from the small "take out" establishment on Level 4, but they only had a very sparse collection of bagels and muffins available, so I was sent to the restaurant across the hall where I was able to purchase a croissant and a cup of tea for about $8.00 before tip. The croissant was stale.
All on all, this is a fine hotel I suppose, but not one that I care about going back to. Quirky. Not especially user-friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, but their service is terrible and they charge you for everything. No free WiFi and no free phone calls. And definitely, no free breakfast or coffee. I spent two nights there and my TV was not working properly since I checked in. So, I informed them, immediately and they did not fix it, until I was about ready to check out. I had to call three separate times, on two separate days, before I actually got service. Thank you very much. God bless.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Anguilla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my husband while attending a conference at a nearby hotel. The lobby and public areas are well appointed as are the rooms. I don't typically have the opportunity to comment on housekeeping staff but I have to say that the housekeeping staff at this property were engaging, welcoming and friendly. I find in most establishments housekeeping barely says hello but Wendy was terrific. She welcomed us, was extremely thoughtful and was good at her job.

Another staff person worthy of special mention is Alex at Fleming's bar. He is extremely friendly, engaging and knows his wine. My husband who is in the wine business greatly appreciated this, as did I. In Flemings, the wine list is loaded onto an ipad and you can search by wine varietal, region, recommendations and other categories. What is particularly fun is to punch in what you ordered to eat and the ipad pops up a recommended wine pairing. We didn't have lunch or dinner there but the bar menu was great and it was good fun talking with Alex.

The gym at this property is fully equipped far better than the average hotel gym. It has group classes, a full range of weight and cardio equipment and a nice pool. This could be owing to the fact that the hotel also has residences whose residents most likely use the gym as well. Unfortunately I did not get to use the spa during this trip (highly unusual for me).

I would recommend that if you're not a member of Omni's loyalty programme, that you join because you are automatically entitled to free Internet and free beverage service in the morning.

The location of this hotel is great-- it is attached to a large shopping mall and there are many fabulous resturants in walking distance. Providence is truly a foodie's heaven. It's a great small and liveable city. All in all we had a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Omni Providence Hotel? Share your experiences!