“Class act!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Providence Biltmore

Save Saved
You added The Providence Biltmore to your Saves list
The Providence Biltmore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Dorrance Street, Kennedy Plaza, Providence, RI 02903 (Downtown Providence)   |
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Providence
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Class act!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just spent one night at the Providence Biltmore Hotel and it was just wonderful! We got our room on Expedia and it was discounted, a suite with two king beds, beautiful bathroom, a sitting room with t.v. and computer desk for under 150 dollars, couldn't beat it!!! The beds were huge and plush with wonderful bedding, a heavenly nights sleep. From the moment we checked in the service was impeccable. From the valets to the front desk, every one was warm and friendly, offering advice on where to eat and sights to see. Just a mile or so from historic Federal Hill, close to Providence Preforming Art Center and Brown University. If you have the opportunity to spend a night or a week if your lucky, this is a wonderful hotel. They also have a restaurant and Starbucks attached to the hotel, very convenient. The only issue I had was the room service doesn't start until 640 am, we were up at 545 and would have loved a pot of coffee at that time. Thank God the starbucks was open, but I had to get dressed to go to the lobby and get it......

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Bad element. Not for people visiting Brown University. Poorly trained staff. Very noisy and inconsiderate hotel keeper. Not sure why Summit does not understand how to run a hotel with this kind of historic presence but it doesn't.

• Stayed April 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel is beautiful and posh. King bed is super comfortable. Views from the higher floors are amazing. Close to Brown campus. Good wifi. Friendly and helpful staff. Love the original architectural aspects - mail chutes, glass elevator etc.. Be sure to read about the history of the hotel.... haunted??

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just got back from my nephew's wedding at the Biltmore. Nice big roomy Junior Suite for my family of four. Would have been nice if there was a pool for the kids. Love to walk and found walking towards the Brown University campus an invigorating challenge with its steep hills. Great rehearsal dinner at McCormick and Schmicks. Hotel and restaurant staff was friendly, wedding reception was beautiful. Overall a very nice stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Booked a room in January for an April wedding, so lots of rooms available, right?. Hotel staff suggested I upgrade to the end of the hall far from the elevators. Well, my room was opposite the elevators. The HVAC system was not functioning correctly so the room was unbearably hot. A note on hotel amenities suggested that fans were available. Why? To blow around hot air??
The room had no full length mirror, so good luck if you need to check yourself out head to toe if you are going to an important event.
I expected better from a hotel of this genre...won't be back

Room Tip: Call the day before you arrive to verify that previous promises will be kept
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This review is a pre-wedding review and I will be back again post-wedding. I think this is important because there are two sides of a vendor- getting ready and then the day of the event. From my experience, I am sure that the Providence Biltmore Hotel will be amazing the day of my wedding, but their performance so far deserves an outstanding review. Not too mention, the hotel itself is gorgeous! So romantic and classy!

Finding a reception venue...especially when you live 10 hours away, is very hard. But right from the beginning, Scott Connery and the Providence Biltmore Hotel have been amazing. Since I am from out of town, I am only communicating via email. The communication has always prompt and easy to understand. He never seemed bothered by my questions and the best part is that his answers were ALWAYS yes! He is now putting together a nicely priced vegan wedding for what started as 80-100 people and has increased to 140. He has said yes when I asked for help with DIY projects (which my sister convinced me not to do in the end) and yes when I wanted a back up plan for rain (even though my ceremony is at another outdoor location.) And these are just a few examples. Of course, I'm sure there are limitations but I have not come across them yet. The Biltmore has offered me everything and more!

Then I went to meet him and the crew last week. They are ALL so nice! I met some people from the wait staff, set up crew, the event manager for that day and of course, Scott. Everyone was so positive and professional. I had my first tasting and it was AMAZING! The vegan meals were even better than I could have imagined. Everyone is going to LOVE the food! I'm sure it helps that the Head Chef is vegan but the presentation was colorful and so beautiful.

I need to mention also working with Joy Lubrano- the Sales Manager. She too has been so great to work with. We are having people come in from out of the country and out of the state. We have been adding people, changing rooms, requesting that they be near each other, but away from the elevator or on a certain floor. We do try to be considerate of her time as well, but none of it is ever a problem. She keeps us updated on the roster of people under our block and made sure we were informed of deadlines, etc. This last week she sent us an email with more questions re: our needs for the weekend and she thought of things I certainly did not!

I feel so comfortable and confident and during the fabulous chaos of a wedding- and really, I believe that is the best a venue can offer a bride!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My mom and I visited the Providence Biltmore last weekend for a girls getaway and while we only stayed one night, we thoroughly enjoyed the grander of the hotel, as well as the amazing spa and drinks at McCormick & Schmicks. Our most memorable experience was the extremely helpful and personable nature of the staff - especially the front desk manager Jessica Grant - who made us feel like 'friends' and went out of her way to suggest dining options and help me when i lost my cell phone. Can't say enough about the service. The only suggestion I have for an even better stay would be to stay when no weddings/events are going on. The lobby is full of party goers and some are rowdy - and you can hear the wedding music through the walls no matter where you are. But overall, highly recommend and will be back!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Providence Biltmore? Share your experiences!