“Recently renovated Hotel is awesome !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Providence

You added Wyndham Garden Providence to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Providence
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 India Street, Providence, RI 02903 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Providence Harbor) (Fox Point)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Toronto, Canada
“Recently renovated Hotel is awesome !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

MY Spouse and I spent Four days in April during the Easter week-end. Having recently changed to the WYNDHAM GARDEN CHAIN OF HOTELS, this property has definitely shown marked improvement overall, in comparison to the Radisson where we have stayed before . Great location, beautiful setting by the Bay, very courteous, polite and considerate staff - the Sales Manager merits special mention. If the noise from the adjoining Highway is bothersome, one can request for rooms facing the Bay. We would gladly recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting beautiful Providence, RI

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
WyndhamGardenGenMgr, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Providence, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
I am very pleased that your experience with the hotel was posititve. It is great to hear that your experience was improved with the Brand change over to a Wyndham Garden. I also want to thank you for sharing comments regarding the Sales manager. Again, my appreciation for your feedback. Jeffrey Pitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I knew this hotel when it was a Day's Inn, and definitely a cut below.. Perhaps the negative review on this site was from the previous incarnation. Under new management the hotel has been transformed into a very modern, comfortable, well-decorated facility at moderate prices. I booked through Hotwire and got a tremendous bargain on my room, which had a wonderful Sleep Number bed, marble counters in the bathroom, a large flat-screen television and nice furniture. The view over Naragansett Bay was lovely. My breakfast was very tasty, but the poor woman at the cash register was the only staff person both waiting tables and serving as cashier. She did her best but she was exhausted at the end of the breakfast run. Providence has some of the best restaurants in the nation. The justly famous Al Forno is just five minutes away from this hotel, which is by far the most convenient for Brown University, RISD and the Providence East Side. This makes this hotel one of the best located in Rhode Island.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room high on the South Side.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
WyndhamGardenGenMgr, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Providence, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
I am very pleased to read about your positive experience while staying at the Wyndham Garden Providence. The improvements for this hotel are certainly meant to improve the guest experience. I will share the feedback with all of our staff as we continue to improve this property.
Jeff Pitt - General Manager
Freehold, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

My daughter has been in college, in Providence for three years, so I have spent a LOT of nights, in hotels, in the Providence area. I might add, that I am not terribly picky, either. I can put up with a lot. This hotel had a really good deal, and I decided to give it a shot. The parking lot is a little run down, VERY VERY small parking garage area, for a hotel this size, and if you are worried about your car, the outside lot is a little shady...but whatever...lobby is ok...people at front desks were not friendly, but not rude, either. The room, even looked ok, at first glance...then, lying in bed I found so many stray hairs, stains, etc...the water was either scalding hot, or freezing cold. And YELLOW! Like maybe rust? I dunno...I was totally skeeved out. Woken up twice at 1 & 3 by loud obnoxious people in the hallway...Then, at around 7, the maids start, and you can hear EVERYTHING they are saying...chattering outside my door...(which had a gap of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch, all around the frame, explaining the noise, I guess)...and they say there is wireless, and there is, but it was slower than my old dial up connection. UGH!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
WyndhamGardenGenMgr, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Providence, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
I want to thank you for taking time to respond and share your experience. This property has recently completed room renovations and a Brand Change to a Wyndham Garden Hotel. Your feedback is very important to our improvement! I will certainly work closely with our Housekeeping depatment to ensure the cleanliness details meet expectations. I also will work with staff to improve the overall hospitality experienced by our guests. Thank you for taking time to share your experience which I will use to quickly improve our guest experience.

Been to Wyndham Garden Providence? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden Providence

Address: 220 India Street, Providence, RI 02903 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Providence Harbor)
Location: United States > Rhode Island > Providence > Fox Point
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Providence 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Garden Providence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Garden Providence Hotel Providence
Radisson Providence
Providence Radisson

If you own or manage Wyndham Garden Providence, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.