“My favorite Italian Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Siena Restaurant

Siena Restaurant
238 Atwells Ave, Providence, RI 02903-1529 (Federal Hill)
+1 401-521-3311
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Siena Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 734 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Description: Located in the heart of Providence’s historic Federal Hill, Siena offers authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm, inviting and lively atmosphere. Come find out why Siena has received Rhode Island Monthly’s “Best Restaurant in RI” award for the last two years. Enjoy casually elegant dining with menu selections including a wide variety of grilled steaks, seafoods, and veal entrees along with numerous signature pasta & sauté dishes. Reservations accepted. Complimentary valet parking.
Silver Spring, Maryland
“My favorite Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Having read reviews about this restaurant as a romantic spot for couples, as we celebrated our 5th anniversary and during our vacation in Providence we tried it. Food and Service were great. Also the featured red wine was delicious. We had the penne pasta with vodka sauce as well as the chicken diablo, both delicious. The desserts looked great and we are going for a return so we can try them.

Billerica, Massachusetts
“Great Dining Experience at Siena Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Not having made reservations on a full lighting Water Fire evening in Providence, we selected Siena based on menu and price after reviewing many restaurants in the Federal Hill District (a short walk to Water Place Park and downtown). Most restaurants close for several hours in the afternoon on weekend days, re-opening for dinner at 5:00 PM. Siena was open a little earlier and able to accommodate our party of six. Our waitress was very helpful in making our dinner selections. Siena makes the best Penne Alla Vodka dish we have ever had - and we have tried this dish in many restaurants. The sauce is so flavorful you just want to dig in, fork full after fork full. Siena may not have quite the reputation as some of the other establishments but they deliver high quality food and service at very reasonable prices. Terrific job!

U.S.
“Nowhere near as good as the overall rating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Every once in a while I feel that the TripAdvisor ratings get out of wack, possibly because of some promotional campaign run by the business being reviewed. Well, that was my experience here. To be fair, the ambiance was nice and my waitress was wonderful and friendly. But the hostess was not very welcoming to a party of 1 and the food was all either bland or over-the-top for my tastes.

Before I go further, if you are considering eating here, at least stop at the visitor center across from the Omni/convention center to get the card for a free appetizer.

I started with the fried calamari with balsamic & peppers - very bland and soggy. Did it sit too long under the kitchen heater waiting to be served?

I moved on to the arugula salad - I like the yellow beets and dressing, but there was this huge scoop of some kind of white gooey cheese on the side that they said was a buttery mozzarella - eating that would be equivalent to eating a stick of butter (not what I want from a salad).

Then I had the Chicken Milanese - very, very bland.

Followed by desert of chocolate bread pudding - which was great, but again, they surrounded the plates with way, way too much toffee - so there must have been about 2,000 calories on that plate. It's just unneccesary when the main desert was quite tasty.

So maybe I just made all the wrong choices that night, but I left generally unimpressed with a restaurant that is so highly rated.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Franklin Square, New York
“Delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Visited RI with some friends and decided to eat at Siena due to the proximity to our hotel. We were all glad we did! The food was great, and our waitress, Erin, I believe, was terrific.

Mass
“WOW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Taking an overnighter with my girlfriend to watch waterfire, I told a buddy that we were going to Federal hill to eat. Without missing a beat he told me to go to Sienas. I booked a table for 2 for saturday night. Reading reviews, it appeared to be a hit or miss depending on the day. I can assure you, it was a definate hit. Seated right away, the waitress took our drink orders and was spot on all night. The food was absolutely outstanding. from apps to dessert, there was nothing but praise. I will be going back soon, the hour drive totally worth the trip. Thanks for a great meal and a perfect start to an amazing night

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere