“Great Company in Prov” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trinity Repertory Company

Trinity Repertory Company
201 Washington Street, Providence, RI 02903 (Downtown Providence)
401-351-4242
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 136 things to do in Providence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: "American Theater at its best" - Boston Globe. 1964: professional theater is born in Rhode Island. The rest is history: the Tony Award, 54 world premieres, education programs, films and tours. Laughter, insight, magic, tears, and passion, for three generations of audiences. A world of theater experiences waits for you at Trinity Rep. New plays, classics, and musicals spring to life with our resident actors, directors and designers.
Boston, MA
82 attraction reviews
“Great Company in Prov”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I love visiting the Trinity Rep. Almost every show I have seen has been great. It is nice to have a professional theater company just a few miles away from home. If you are visiting Providence, try to see a show! It is a must.

Visited January 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
“Off-Broadway Comes to RI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Saw "Cabaret" back in my junior year of high school--amazing! Such a great cast (many of them regulars, performing in several shows a year) and a great production despite the small space. Many of these cast members could be on Broadway or off-Broadway. The voices are clear and strong and the acting very good for "local" theatre. Have also seen "A Christmas Carol" a few times over the years and "Our Town" in middle school. Whether a musical or straight-up play, I can always count on a great performance at Trinity Rep.

Visited January 2012
New York
“terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We saw a two-woman show called "The How and The Why" and the theater is small enough that we could see the actors' facial expressions even though we were on the side and halfway back. The acting was wonderful; if I lived there I'd get season tickets!

Visited December 2012
North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
13 attraction reviews
“Trinity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Love going to see "A Christmas Carole" but I found the place very old, dusty and dingy. Not a good place to go with allergies..But, as far at the Plays, I enjoyed them, we've seem several there, now.

Visited March 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
5 attraction reviews
“Local Theater with not-so-local Performances”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have seen "His Girl Friday", "Merchant of Venice", and "King Lear" at Trinity Rep. The performances are great and have their own variations on each story, whether it's in their costumes, actors, or the way the story goes.

There is a core group of actors and actresses that repeat in each performance. I cannot chose which one of them I like the best. They are all great in any role they perform. I highly recommend going to this place, whether you're a local Rhode Islander, or visiting from out of town. It is great entertainment. Tickets are priced reasonably, and they offer senior citizen and student discounts.

Visited October 2012

Been to Trinity Repertory Company? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Trinity Repertory Company, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.