“Great Time at Roger Williams Park” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 63 Attractions in Providence
Type: Gardens, Parks, Outdoors
5 attraction reviews
“Great Time at Roger Williams Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was my first time ever going here and I have to say, we had a blast. I love zoos and my husband used to go here as a kid so he wanted to take me. I think my favorite part was we got to watch the workers give the elephants a bath. They were so smart and they would listen to all the commands the workers told them. One of them even dropped the brush and the elephant picked it back up for him! It was really pretty scenery and lots of animals to look at. we had a blast.

Visited May 2013

Greenwich, Connecticut
31 attraction reviews
“New England Charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A visit to this park will automatically lower your blood pressure. Serene and beautiful, it forces you to relax and appreciate the beauty of a New England park. Make sure to ride the carousel; it's a classic.

Visited September 2013
“Nice place for a picnic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Good place to take a picnic basket and enjoy....
Walk around and have fun.....There is a small zoo nearby but I din't go...If you have kids, you might enjoy

Poughkeepsie, New York
23 attraction reviews
“great park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It rained while we were here but we got to do some walking around anyway.
There are nice roads and trails through gardens and along a creek. You can bring your own kayaks or rent paddle boats. We went in the botanical gardens which was nice.
There is a building with nice carousel ride and p,ace for kids to host a birthday party.
I would like to come back someday when the weather is nice.

NH
27 attraction reviews
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This park is huge and has something of interest for everyone. There are a multitude of ponds with picnic tables, a boat launch (no motorized), a botanical garden, carousel, zoo, museum. The question is, what do you want to do with your day. Overall, the park is beautiful.
There were few people the day I went as it was Labor Day weekend with a flash flood predicted. And downpour and flood it did. We toured the botanical garden. Most surprisingly, we wandered the immediate outside of the greenhouses and found dawn redwoods, a large Japanese Umbrella pine and young lacebark maple in an area of neglect. The rose garden was in full bloom with great care from their volunteers and the perennial garden was vibrant.
I don't understand the priorities of Providence. This is an enormous spectacular park and yet the very young botanical garden is maintained by volunteers, when available. The massive vast lawns are well mowed, and yet the Betsey Williams cottage is in neglect. The concept of maintenance seems to be peculiar, which I noticed at several locations in Providence.