“Turn the entire park into the zoo.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 136 things to do in Providence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
17 attraction reviews
“Turn the entire park into the zoo.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This park is not mantained up to the standards of parks in other cities, it is the border of Cranston and a blighted neighborhood in Providence. We have not been there except to go to the zoo on free days.

Visited September 2011

W. Greenwich
8 attraction reviews
“WARNING! Lock up your stuff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I've been to the Zoo several times but recently went to the park for a walk while my daughter was visiting the park planetarium with a friend. Within 10 minutes of walking, my driver's side window was smashed and belongings stolen. I was notified by museum staff and an officer met me at my car. 2pm in the afternoon and there was a witness who gave the plate number of the car to the officer, but it did not match the description of the car. I was told by the cop that "That's what they "thieves" do as they scope out the park. Apparently it happens often. Yes, stupid of me to think that hiding stuff under my seat would be enough of a deterent but I was most put off by the fact that this seems like "just another day' in the park for the very sympathetic officer. Just be careful.

Visited August 2012
west warwick, ri
4 attraction reviews
“Great Zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The whole park is great but the zoo is fabulous. My children and their children as my wife andme totally enjoy the zoo

Visited June 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
4 attraction reviews
“Small scenic park off river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Offers shady respite in the summer, free concerts, maps and wonderful rangers to help you plan your visit.

Visited August 2012
ma
15 attraction reviews
“great park and zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have visited this park and zoo numerous times and have always found it a great place to go. The park is beautiful to walk around, have a picnic, go on the carousel. The zoo is great for everyone. It is a really nice zoo. The pumpkin exhibit in October is one of the best I have ever seen-professionally carved pumpkins with amazing portraits and scenes. Overall a great place to visit.

Visited April 2012