“Great meal and top notch service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
One Union Station, Downtown, Providence, RI 02903-1759 (Downtown Providence)
401 521 5600
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 654 Restaurants in Providence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
Cross street: Memorial Blvd.
Description: The train may have left the station, but you don't have to miss out on the most extraordinary steak around. Join us in Union Station for dry aged steak that The Providence Journal lauds as having, “only gotten better with time.” We’re just one block away from the RI Convention Center and Dunkin’ Donuts Center. Conveniently, we’re also just the spot Rhode Island Monthly says is “Best Restaurant to Impress.”
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great meal and top notch service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Took my husband and two children (17 & 21 years old) to The Capital Grille in Providence tonight to celebrate my husband's birthday, we had reservations for 6 and arrived at 5:30 and were promptly seated. Tobias was our waiter and Andrew was his assistant. Service was top notch, both Toby and Andrew were professional and personable!!! We all had appetizers, my husband had the oysters from Bristol and said they were yummy. My daughter and I had the Kona crusted steak, and the boys had the filet with lobster and crab. The steaks were so tender you didn't need the knives! The meal was fabulous! It was my first time at the Capital, but my husband is a repeat customer. The staff at the CG made my husbands birthday a special one. Thank you so much!

Lisa McCarthy

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania, USA
“Wow!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've been to many CG's, but Providence, RI was one of the best experiences. Bar tenders were awesome, Paul, James and Kerrie were attentive to not only me but every person at the bar and they were treated like the best guests in the restaurant. . Filet was cooked med rare to perfection and sides were perfect. Simple post, but can't complain here as even the regulars were having a nice time, but weren't treated any differently than me, a "guy of the street." Well done, keeping service and food a step above. Highly recommended.

“Benchmark for all others”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Restaurant week rocks for CG. Ordinarily a little on the Pricey side, during restaurant week it is even better. Always professional wait staff guide you through the meal. I had Steak and shrimp, others at our table were also pleased with our meals, rare that we are three for three anywhere. Wines were great as they had a sampler special that allowed you to taste white and red wines (6), cheesecake dessert was awesome. We went for a birthday celebration, the put birthday confetti on the table and amped my son's dessert plate with a birthday decorated dish over and above Restaurant week. It is the benchmark to which we compare all restaurants in Providence. Let the wallet open but you won't be disappointed, otherwise hang for restaurant week and you will be hooked.

Brewster, Massachusetts
“Great experience at Capitol Grille”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Exceptional service from Maitre 'd to wait staff. Entrees were outstanding- on a par with Burns Steakhouse in Tampa. The best restaurant experience we've had in at least 15 years.

Marietta, Georgia
“Dinner at the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Excellent service; walking distance to the Courtyard Providence Downtown; great Restaurant Week menu enabled me to try a little bit of everything. Enjoyed it thoroughly.