“Not your typical Atwell's Ave.” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lili Marlene's
422 Atwells Ave, Providence, RI 02909-1029 (Federal Hill)
401-751-4996
Improve this listing
Ranked #335 of 654 Restaurants in Providence
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Providence
“Not your typical Atwell's Ave.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

Lilli's is a great place to grab a late meal. The food is inexpensive and tasty. I usually stop in after work or on awkward hours throughout the weekend so I've never seen this place completely packed and intolerable (i happen to hate crowded places). The clientèle seems to be a mix of local bar fly's and artsie-fartsies (not a bad thing). The drinks prices are average and the staff have always been attentive and pleasant, but like i said earlier, I've never been there when its crowded.

ri
“Poor service ruins experience of good food at excellent prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2006

Great burger for a cheap price. I sat at the bar and ordered my meal and a beer. The beer on tap was great. But the woman bartender was not friendly at all. In the past year I have been to many new places (boston, brooklyn, manhattan) and sat and had dinner at the bar instead of at a table. I've found that it's a more fun experience.
At Lily Marlene's the bartender could have cared less that I and my partner were there. Actually we were treated to just enough attention to order our drink and meal and that was it. Even though the place was nearly empty she was so disinterested in waiting on us. A couple of her friends walked in and we had to ask twice for our check.
Never will I go again as I can find a number of places were the food and beer or good and the wait staff doesn't treat me like I'm a wasting their time.
Maybe I wasn't hip and cool enough to warrant decent communication? It shouldn't matter as being an attentive bartender would have make us stay longer and brought us back again.
I bet she doesn't care. Too bad for the owners of Lilys.