“leave well-enough alone” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo's Civita Farnese

Angelo's Civita Farnese
141 Atwells Ave, Providence, RI 02903 (Federal Hill)
(401) 621-8171
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 654 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“leave well-enough alone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Angelo's remodeled, and it's never been the same - tried it twice
never again used to be a great place

Providence, Rhode Island
“Great place on the hill if you want a good meal but are in a casual mood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I love this place. My family and I go for lunch or dinner often, and we love the train that goes around the wall. This place is great for kids because of it's menu options. I feel that the food at Angelo's can be described as hearty italian food, such as pasta with sauce, mozzarella sticks, veal parm, etc. Another benefit is the cost. The food is not as expensive as other restaurants on the hill. Great place to go when wearing casual clothes.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“I'm all for the casual atmosphere, but the food isn't anything special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Maybe I went on a bad day...but the food wasn't good. I like the casual setting, but you've got to back it up with quality food. I'm a big fan of Italian food and this place falls well short of the quality I expect from Federal Hill. I got the Veal and pepper sandwich, which they said was some award winning specialty...was about 95% bread and the filling wasn't that great either. My mom and sister did like the eggplant but nothing amazing. And when my mom asked to get broccoli instead of pasta, the waitress said they don't do that and it would cost $5.00 extra. Cmon, now - be serious.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Massachusetts
“A real slice of Federal Hill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

A friend was coming into Boston area for the first time from Arkansas and I thought it would be good for her to get a taste of what real Italian food was all about.
Pondered the choices on Federal Hill, settled on Angelo's because it is all about the food, not the foo-foo atmosphere or pomp of other places in the neighborhood.
Angelo's is a real Italian restaurant, a working-class eatery, loud, warm and friendly.
A real slice of Federal Hill.
We weren't disappointed, either.
We ordered up some spicy calimari and some breaded eggplant as appetizers. Fabulous.
My buddy and I, both native Rhode Islander, selected the house Lasagna. It was great, huge serving, tasty and almost as good as momma used to make.
My spouse had a pasta dish that was filled with garlic and black olives. So much that we have a healthy serving leftover in our refrig.
My guest selected the Lobster Ravioli....she was impressed.
For dessert, we ordered one of reach of the daily desserts. A marvelous Lemoncello cake, a cannoli and a white-chocolate topped cheesecake to split between four of us.
What a meal, what a sweet way to finish.
Service was good, it was unusually busy for a Wednesday night. but we were seated promptly and served quickly.
A great meal in a real Italian restaurant. Not the pomp of other places, but a real slice of Federal Hill.
The bill came and I was suprised just how affordable Angelo's is....refreshing. A Great Value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rhode Island
“A Classic on Federal Hill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Great and inexpensive place to get some really good Italian food. If you're looking for fancy, this is not it. If you're looking for more informal, I think you'd like it. The food has always been really good.