“Good Italian Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
134 Atwells Ave, Providence, RI 02903 (Federal Hill)
401-331-7760
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
New York
“Good Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant was referred to us by friends. Food was very good and the service excellent. My husband had the sea food fra diablo and I had the lasagna. For dessert we had cheesecake and tiramisu. The restaurant was clean, the atmosphere was nice. We definitely go back.

SUN PRAIRIE
“Lentils anyone?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The lentil soup was so awesome I took some back to my hotel room for a snack the next day. I had the stuffed jumbo shrimp. The shrimp was BIG and delicious.
The calamari appitizer was a HIT. No need for sauce, it was delicious, and the pieces were lightly coated, not burried in a coating.
Word of caution, we were a party of five, and a 20% tip was added on to the bill. Not that we didn't think it was worth it, it was. Fabian was a very nice and attentive waiter, or was it Fabio.
We ate upstairs where it was nice and quiet. I called for a reservation and was able to get in on a Friday 6:30 dinner (calling at 5PM).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Rhode Island, United States
“Mangia at Mediterraneo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Since we had enough time before our play, we stooped on Federal Hill for a dinner. It was a slow tuesday and the place was quiet so our waiter was very attentive. He immediately brought a basket of crusty bread and a peppery dipping oil My water glass never went below 7/8 of the rim. The menu is like a book with many apps, ensalda and entrees. For those who are intimidated by Italian names, the pronounciation is below the Italian name. I was torn between the penne ala pesto with salmon or salmone alla griglia con salmorglio piccante with garloc mashed. The waiter assured me I could have the multicolor pepper salsa on the side. It was cooked to perfection and I put a little of the pepper mix on my grilled zuchini. My friend had the involtini di melanzane al quattro fromaggi. The eggplant was rolled around a mix of ricotta, mozzarella, goat cheese, and pecarino romano served on penne. It was a large portion and absolutely delicious. Even though I was quite satisfied at the end of the meal, the aroma of calamari fritti served to the gentlemen next to me still made my mouth water. I will definitely start with that next time, hopefully on a warm day when they open it up for al fresco dining.

Normal, IL
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was a bit concerned when I read some of the reviews, but I had agreed to meet friends there for dinner. I was totally impressed with the service, atmosphere and the excellent meal. I highly recommend it.

Visited March 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A Surprise Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was in the area and called a friend for lunch. He suggested we meet at this place. He had never tried it, heard good things, and wanted to use the opportunity to "test drive" it together. I am glad he did. We walked into a beautifully appointed old restaurant, clean, quiet and very comfortable. (We were there for lunch. I would think this place gets busy and noisier at dinner.) We were seated immediately, and approached by one of the more professional waiters I've experienced in a long time. The three of us each had a different dish: the pasta special, a steak and the prie fixe lunch. WOW! All three dishes were amazing, one better than the next. We all had desserts as well. They did not disappoint. I was so impressed with all of the flavors that I am confident that I could order anything on the menu and be equally impressed. A bit pricey, but definately worth it. I have a new destination for my travels to the Boston / Rhode Island area. All I can say is: "Thank you, Mediterraneo!"

• Visited February 2013