We stayed at the Christopher Dodge House Aug 11-12 2013 while visiting my son in Providence. Pros: The accomodations were very nice and clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely room with a fireplace (unfortunately summer trip, so can't comment on that!), private bath and unexpected kitchen complete with sink, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and dinnerware. Bed was soooo comfy, and bathroom well equiped with the usual fare (hair dryer, soaps/shampoos and plush, thirsty towels). Sitting room on the main level of the house was very cozy with freshly baked goodies and chilled water 24/7. Breakfast was sumptuous with changing hot meal each day supplemented by pastries, breads, cereals. Off street parking was great in a city that has narrow streets and up until recently did not allow overnight street parking. Cons: Right up against the Interstate, so a tad noisy. Having said that, R.I. actually moved the interstate a number of years ago and sliced the city in parts, so I would guess it was not there a few years ago. Nothing they can do about that. We stayed in what actually turned out to be a basement room with windows at parking lot level which at first did not thrill me. But, I would venture to say this helped cut down our interstate noise, plus it meant we did not have to lug baggage up several flights. My only complaint about that is, the parking lot is well lit (a good thing!!) but the curtains on our windows were a light colored material and the room was brighter at night than I would like. Simple fix - put darker, lined curtains up! I would also prefer to have fewer kitchen elements and a comfy chair and table for reading if I did not feel like going to the sitting room. But that's just me!
All in all, my husband is returning to Providnece next year for a conference and is already thinking he would like to stay there rather than the conference hotel. Everything in Providence is walking distance, so the Christopher Dodge House is truly accessible to downtown and the train station. Also, since my husband is very allergic to the cat my son owns, we have already decided this will probably be our "go to" location when we go back for family visits :o).
- Also Known As:
- Christopher Dodge House Hotel Providence
- Christopher Dodge House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Providence, the Christopher Dodge House Rhode Island Bed and Breakfast was renovated to its original stately grandeur, a stunning 3-story brick Italianate mansion. Enjoy convenience the Inn offers to attractions such as, Providence Palace Mall, Convention Center, and Brown University. Also enjoy spacious and comfortable accommodations with many amenities such as fireplaces, kitchenettes, hand-crafted furniture, and a delightful breakfast. Special packages include historic tours of Providence or romantic getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Fareportal and Agoda so you can book your Christopher Dodge House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.