If you take a cab from the train station as we did, and the driver drops you off at the end of the property, by the stairs going up to the front door, don't take them, as we did. Instead go to the office door on ground level under the front door. We missed this because it was night. All the staff were very nice, trying to accommodate us. One thing I missed was talking with the owner about personal recommendations for things to do and places to eat. There is a good leaflet book with use info in it, I just prefer get personal recommendations...probably difference between an inn and a B&B. This inn was nicely decorated, clean and our room was a good size. Because this is an old house the stairs are fairly steep and many. There is a ground floor, where the office is, the first floor where there is a dining room where a very good breakfast is served, a powder room and a living room, where beverages and home baked goodies are all day into the night. The actual rooms are on the second and third floors. Our room was on the third floor, and, although we live in a Victorian home with lots of stairs (my personal stair master), I was wishing we were on the second floor. Another warning is to not give up on the front door key; it does work, just with a lot of difficulty. From this inn we felt we were able to walk to most places in Providence. It is only about 4 blocks from the state Capitol. We walked to Brown University, college hill, the entire freedom walk (green line)' and RISD museum and its store, which offers great things designed by RISD students. Unfortunately, November is not a great time to visit Providence. The water activities and many tours were not available. We did get a good price on our room, though.
- Also Known As:
- Christopher Dodge House Hotel
- Christopher Dodge House Hotel Providence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Providence, the Christopher Dodge House Rhode Island Bed and Breakfast was renovated to its original stately grandeur, a stunning 3-story brick Italianate mansion. Enjoy convenience the Inn offers to attractions such as, Providence Palace Mall, Convention Center, and Brown University. Also enjoy spacious and comfortable accommodations with many amenities such as fireplaces, kitchenettes, hand-crafted furniture, and a delightful breakfast. Special packages include historic tours of Providence or romantic getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Christopher Dodge House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.