“Great relaxing ride” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 27 Activities in Providence
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Providence from a new perspective! Benvenuto! We invite you to revel in the sights of the City from a unique vantage point that captures the heart of Providence. Enjoy an excursion along the Woonasquatucket and Providence Rivers and witness the revitalization of the City, river walks, and waterfront parks. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday, looking to propose to that special someone, or just on a vacation to the city, a gondola trip is a great way to make your visit to Providence memorable and unique. La Gondola operates three authentic Venetian gondolas along the Providence Riverwalk, accommodating up to six passengers at a time on each gondola. Reservations are highly recommended and are always exclusive to your party. We are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Our season is from 1 May to 31 October, and of course trips are always subject to availability and the weather. La Gondola Providence: For Lovers, For Families, For Everyone.
Milford, Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
“Great relaxing ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

A great experience !! Relaxing and fun experience while floating down the river..Our Gondoller was very knowledgeable and attentive to us.

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear disneyfan1002,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to post your review. I am very happy to know that the gondolier was attentive; we pride ourselves on trying to tailor the trip as well as possible to the group that we have on board at that time, which means that our gondoliers cannot simply be motors. There is a lot more that they do to try to give you the best trip that they can, and I am pleased that your gondolier did exactly that.

Thanks again, and hopefully we will see you again one day along the Riverwalk in Providence; if you're ever around, please do stop and say hello!

Ciao,

Boston
“Terrific experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I were on our honeymoon last week and decided to book ourselves a romantic gondola ride. We got this and so much more. The business is family run by two great and adorable young men who will go out of their way to give you a wonderful experience of the city as you glide down a beautiful river. We got lucky and had both brothers on our trip! They sang us duets in Italian, gave us a historical perspective of the city, and even held an umbrella over our heads as we were met with a brief rain shower. After the ride, the hospitality didn't stop. The eldest of the two brothers, wanting to make sure we experienced all of the delights of the city, spent a good deal of time telling us about places to visit. We had suggestions for shopping, dining, etc. Absolutely above and beyond. We would highly recommend treating yourself to this wonderful experience. For those same-sex couples out there, nothing to fear, these guys are gay-friendly. So everyone -- Enjoy!!!

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear S R,

Thank you so much for posting this review of us! It was SUCH a pleasure meeting you two, and I will certainly pass along your compliments to my brother, Alessandro. Admittedly, we don't get a lot of opportunities to ride together on a trip, but it was a great experience for us as well, as a result of that, and I appreciate you allowing me to ride along as umbrella-holder. For that matter, I appreciate you braving the weather, and I'm very happy that it cleared for the two of you!

We take very seriously the belief that we are ambassadors for Providence, and as such, we always try to help people to enjoy their stay as much as possible. As I mentioned, feel free to contact us with suggestions on other attractions, accommodations, and restaurants in the city.

We like to think of us not specifically as gay-friendly, but as everybody-friendly; all are welcome at La Gondola: lovers, families, everyone!

I hope to see you two again soon, and that you're having a wonderful honey-month!

Winchendon, Massachusetts
“Best part of the night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I rode on the Floating Lounge at the WaterFire event. It was the best part of the night. The crew members were wonderful and the ride was gentle and took us all the way down the river and past all of the fires. I would recommend this to anyone visiting Providence on any day or night. Bring a bottle of wine and they put it on ice and serve it to you in wine glasses. Very romantic and fun.

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Susan M;

Thank you so much for posting these thoughts, and for your compliments. I will certainly pass them along to Rico, Kait, and Luciano, the Lounge staff for your visit.

I love the Lounge myself; I think that it is a great way to see the fires, less the center of attention than the gondolas are on a fire evening, so you're less on-the-spot, so to speak, and more comfortable for larger parties than the gondola. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the experience yourself; it was a pleasure working with you setting up the reservation, and perhaps we will see you on the water again sometime soon for some more floating romance. Until then,

La Gondola Providence, Inc.
“A must-do in Providence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We absolutely loved the gondola ride! We had never been to Providence before, and not only did we get to see the beautiful downtown skyline, but Alessandro was very knowledgeable in the city's history. These Iowa Buckeyes will recommend La Gondola to everyone!

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear iowabuckiiz,

Thank you so much for posting these thoughts, and I will definitely pass your comments along to my brother (Alessandro.) It was a pleasure meeting you both, if only briefly, and I am very happy that you enjoyed the trip. From the oldest (er, most mature) gondolier to the youngest, we all take very seriously the idea that we are ambassadors for the City Of Providence and for Venetian culture, and try to be mindful of that in how we interact with our patrons. We love showing off our city to locals and visitors alike!

If you're ever back in the Northeast, we certainly hope to see you on the water again; until then, GO BUCKEYES (just don't yell it too loudly in Iowa!)

Ciao,
31 attraction reviews
“Relaxing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It was a Sunday evening around sunset that we went for our gondola ride...loved it! They have various packages and we reserved the Viaggio di Rapsodia. Marcello and Daniella (our accordion player) where fabulous. We loved the gondola ride itself with the music in the background...very relaxing. The information regarding parts of the sights we saw along the way was a nice touch too. Marcello was very personable, we were treated great...not like just customers.
Loved this and am already recommending this to others!

LaGondolaProv, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear 44Renee44,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these comments. I truly appreciate it, and I am thrilled to know that you had an enjoyable experience. Daniela is such a pleasure to have working with us, and as I probably mentioned on your trip, being a former national electric accordion champion, we are VERY fortunate to have somebody as talented as she is available for our patrons!

It was a delight meeting you, and thank you for spreading the word; the next time that you're back in the city, please do drop by and say hello. Hope to see you again soon!

La Gondola Providence, Inc.

Been to La Gondola? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage La Gondola, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.