Excellent location one block from the convention center and Dunkin Donuts arena, surrounded by restaurants. No problem finding places to eat. I would stay here again.
Good, forceful shower; very comfortable, clean bed, good pillows; very quiet room.
Good TV with reasonable HD channel selections (including ESPN, ESPN2, HBO, and some family channels). Electrical sockets (2 on desk, 2 on lamps near bed) are very loose connections; both my three prong and two prong devices had trouble maintaining contact in any of them.
There is no room service although local restaurants will deliver (didn't test this). Bath room sink is a little cramped with poor lighting and little counter space, thin bath towels. The room layout is versatile for a business traveler, with a fixed desk/bureau, and a roll out table/chair combination that is a good height for working. There is a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker; the coffee is not very good, I did not test the other equipment. Similar quality complimentary coffee available in the lounge.
Free USA today in lobby. Basic bar in the lounge area.
Free internet but wireless (2.4 GHz, 802.11g) very slow in the evenings. (Stayed here the week of hurricane Sandy so it may not be typical, although I was getting much higher speeds at the Convention Center). At 11:00 pm I was getting ping intervals to Boston between 400-1050 ms, 0.07-0.71 Mbps down, and 0.16-0.36 Mbps up on my iPhone. At 7:00 am the next morning I was getting 128 ms ping, 3.32 Mbps down, and 1.81 Mbps up on my laptop.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Providence Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard Providence Downtown Hotel Providence
- Courtyard Providence
- Providence Courtyard
- Providence Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Providence Courtyard by Marriott is a cutting edge hotel located in the heart of downtown. With our new state-of-the-art lobby provides greater flexibility and choices for guests with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in and free Wi-Fi. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. - which provides guests with healthy offerings for breakfast and dinner plus evening cocktail service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard Providence Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.