“"Great service from Ryan Houlihan"” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Lincoln, Rhode Island
“"Great service from Ryan Houlihan"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We recently attended an event at the hotel and Ryan Houlihan was responsible for our table. He was courteous, kind, and prompt the entire evening. I have never had such a wonder server! Everyone at our table was bragging about him. He is an asset to the Marriott chain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear CL,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the kudos you had for Ryan Houlihan. I will be sure to share your review with my whole hotel team. Thanks again!
Eric Churchill, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Webster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I decided to do a package deal and it was 160 for the hotel, breakfast, and a 75$ gift certificate for the bluefin grille. I can't say enough good about our stay! The beds were so comfortable. Dinner was good. Breakfast was delicious! The man on the omlet station obviously loved his job and it showed. He knew so many people by first name. He was singing and just enjoying his shift. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Beckyandjosh,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am delighted that you booked our Ultimate Dining Package - it is a great deal. The Bluefin Grille is award-winning and has a culinary team like no other in Providence. I am so thrilled you had an awesome breakfast experience. Our omelette chefs know their stuff! Hope to see you poolside this summer!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Nice hotel with plenty of amenities, including a nice pool and concierge lounge; the rooms are nicely appointed with nice beds, however, small and in need of a major overhaul. Still, not a bad place to stay for a few nights. The gym is small, but they have professional fitness trainers that really know what they are doing. The front desk staff are uber friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear GR,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Thank you for letting us know how great you think our associates are - especially the front desk - they are uber friendly and helpful. We hope to see you poolside this summer!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have been traveling for a project for the past month in RI and stayed in Lincoln courtyard, but this week I decided to stay in Marriott downtown and did not enjoy my stay. I requested for a bigger room as this is the first time I brought my kids with me. There was nothing they could do for me. I asked several times. The bathroom is so tiny with rust on the shower faucet. I suggested to the front desk that I will change my reservations to just one night from 4 nights and they were like you are more than welcome to. Which I will as I did not feel welcome in this place. My colleague had warned me and I still came here! never again

Room Tip: The double bed room is not suitable for a family of four - unless you want to be cramped
Dear KC,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to share your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected. I have my Operations teams looking into why we could not accommodate your requests and why your room was in the condition you described. I appreciate that you gave us a try since you typically stay in Lincoln. I hope you will reconsider and when you visit the Providence area again, you choose to stay with us. Your kids will sure enjoy our indoor and outdoor connecting pools. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss you stay.
Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The staff at the hotel was terrific. I was there for an event and if you needed something the staff would take care of it and they were pleasant to work with. The food that was severed was good and again the kitchen staff kept refilling empty platters. The rooms we used for the event were spacious and tables and chairs set up as specified.

My guest room was neat and clean. My only complaint, which cannot be helped, poor design when the hotel was built, is the huge bathroom door, it gets in the way.

I was entirely happy with our choice at the Marriott.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear funtimefamily12,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad you enjoyed the event you attend so much. I hope you can visit us again soon. Our outdoor pool (connected to our indoor pool) opens very soon. Hope to see you poolside this summer!
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We did not stay at the hotel but we visited there for a fashion show that was put on by Lincoln High School fundraiser. There was a full course dinner and the staff was excellent, our waiter Ryan Houlihan went above and beyond. Our table asked him for a bunch of stuff, extra bread, butter, coffee etc. and he always remembered to come back with it and was on top of filling our water. Excellent service and great atmosphere!

Dear MM,
Thank you for taking the time to share your event experience with us. I am thrilled that your event was such a great success. It's a true indication that we not only know how to care for our in-house guests but our guests who attend our events as well. Thank you for pointing out which of our associates made an impression on you. Ryan is great! I will share this review with the entire hotel.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Spent 3 nights every week at this hotel for 7 months. Great place for business travel. Although this is an older property, the hotel is kept up well - rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. They have a gift shop that sells starbucks coffee and restaurant has a very nice although not a huge menu, quality of food is very high. The hotel is close to downtown, walkable to the mall, train station and many good restaurants and they have a shuttle to take you to federal hill or wherever. The staff at this hotel is truly great and do everything to make you feel comfortable and at home. If I travel to Providenc for fun, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear TM,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so pleased to know that it feels like home when you stay with us. I do hope that when you visit Providence for fun you will choose to stay here!
Eric Churchill, General Manager

Been to Providence Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!