“Excellent Service!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Room was immaculate, service was perfect, they went above and beyond fr our anniversary with Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in our room. Our concierge was amazing!! She needs a raise! The food and cocktails at the bar were awesome!!!! We cna't wait to go back! Thank you Jennifer, Can't wait to see you in the spring!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear LisaMarie Cm
Thank you for your fantastic review! I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience and that our team could make your stay extra special. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire hotel. Hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
White, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have been traveling to the Providence Marriott Downtown each week since the beginning of December 2013. The hotel staff are the best of have ever encountered. They are friendly and very attentive to every guest's need. Check-in is simple using the Marriott mobile app. When I arrive at the hotel they verify my identity, hand me my keys and say have a great day. The rooms are always clean, spacious and provide free wireless connections. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Providence.

Room Tip: I have stayed on several floors and different locations on each floor and have never experienced any...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Harold M,
Thank you for your excellent review! I am so pleased that we have taken such good care of you during your stays. I will share your comments with the hotel team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Hope to see you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The Bellman, Juan was exceptionally patient with a van full of screaming kids taking them to the hockey game. He was working Friday evening and then back early Saturday morning when I saw him again. He wished me good morning by NAME!!! and offered to go around to the ‘C’ side to pull around my rental car all with a smile.
Front desk attendant, Kasey, greeted me upon arrival with a warm smile and reassured me she had put me on a top floor so I would not be disturbed by all the children staying at the hotel. Also she was working the front desk early in the morning when I left and greeted me by name.
Kudos for the unexpected friendliness and kindness from these two employees.
Thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Patti K,
What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have shared your comments with the whole hotel team. Juan and Kasey both care very much about each and every guest to be sure each is having a brilliant travel experience! We hope to see you again soon.
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here several times. It's clean, has an incredibly friendly and helpful staff (from the desk clerks to the waiters/waitresses), and we always appreciate the free parking. The hot/cold breakfast buffet is lovely, although during certain times, there is a loooong wait to be seated. Seems as if they might be understaffed. Great fare on the dinner menu, both in the restaurant and bar (try the roasted garlic chicken!). We enjoy the free drinks and snacks in the lobby from 5-7pm on weeknights, and the fruit-infused water that's always available. However, we've grown weary of the labyrinth-like walk from the lobby up to our room. It's an oddly configured building. Plus the elevators appear to be unheated in winter...brrrr. The heaters in the rooms blow cold air initially, and it really takes time to warm up. We thought it was broken, but they sent the technician right up - and he explained that some rooms have old heaters. :( Regardless, it's a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: If you're traveling in winter, ask for a room with a newly installed heater. I think some top f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Sheryl B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to recommend our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and I will review your comments with the team. Our restaurant, the Bluefin Grille, is awesome (I'm a fan of the roasted garlic chicken too!) and I will be sure our Chef and his team hear about your rave review!
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The company I work for hosted a 3 day training seminar at the Providence Marriott Downtown with students coming in from all over the country. Our group had a fantastic experience at the hotel. Every staff member we came in contact with went above and beyond to assure all our needs were met. This excellent customer service includes staff that had no idea I was the meeting planner for the big group in the meeting rooms. The hotel common areas, meeting rooms, banquet facilities and guest rooms are all clean and modern with all the latest amenities. The hotel has a really nice fitness room and pool, a business center, a comfortable seating area in the lobby and great bar for gathering after spending all day in sessions. Feeding a big group can often be a challenge, the food for our group of close to 100 was always hot and fresh and ready at the right time over the course of our 3 day event. The food was excellent throughout and I applaud the chef and staff for being able to get all that food out at the same time so all of our group could eat at the same time. Our main point of contact throughout the event was Victoria Miller, she was attentive and on the ball quickly taking care of my needs sometimes before I even realized I needed something! Thanks to Victoria's meticulas organization before we arrived everything went smoothly on site. My thanks to the entire staff at the hotel for making our event a success, with special thanks to Victoria for her professionalism and attentiveness before, during and after our event!

Green Features: they had special recycling trash cans this made it easy to sort my items
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Lori G,
What a fabulous 5 star review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have already shared your comments with Victoria and the rest of the hotel team. I am delighted that your conference was such a success. We hope you will reach out to us again when you are ready to plan your next event. Happy New Year!
State Road, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 6 years ago and again last month, still a good place to stay. The bar and food is both good. Someday I want to check out the pool.

The location is convenient for multiple sites. There are also many good restaurants near by and the hotel shuttle will drop to up and pick you up.

I hope to go back soon.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PVDRI_JD, General Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear HotelAWeek1963,
Welcome back to the Providence Marriott Downtown. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please don't wait another six years to visit us again. Happy New Year!
Methuen, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

From Check in to Check out we had amazing service. Emily checked us in & made us feel welcomed & right at home. We had a king size room. Very nice. Even a cotton bathrobe in the bathroom! Settled in & went for a lite dinner at the Bluefin Grille. We ate at the bar, drinks were good. Food was great! Service was good too! Quiet night..
We then headed back to our room to find a note with milk & cookies from Guest Relations Supervisor, Emily. What a nice touch! She went above and beyond to make us feel at home & acknowledged that we were there for a date night away from our 5 kids. It was a nice gesture that was very unexpected!
We ventured to Twin River Casino that was a short drive from the hotel. Had fun at twin river & returned to our hotel.
A very cute Gift shop that served Starbuck Coffee was a plus! The salon & spa piqued our interest but we did not have time to schedule services. The indoor pool looked inviting, but we did not bring our suits. The fitness studio looked well maintained & very nice.
We had the Buffet which was included with our stay at Bluefin Grille. I was great. Omelette & Waffle bar. Good selection for a buffet!
Close proximity to a Walmart if you need anything other than what they offer at the gift shop for toiletries. We did not venture out on foot in the area.
This hotel is one of the diamonds of the area.
We will definitely be returning to this hotel the next time we need a night or 2 away from our kids.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca W,
Congratulations on a special weekend away from the kids! I am so pleased my team took such good care of you. I will be sure to share this review with Emily and the rest of the team. As a partner of Twin River Casino, thank you for mentioning how quick and easy it was to get there. We offer special packages with Twin River Casino. We would be happy to provide you with more information if you would like to contact the hotel directly. Happy New Year and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Providence Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!