“Average room, great location and great pool.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Providence
“Average room, great location and great pool.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed a night at this hotel and were very pleased with the service. We stayed at this location because they allowed small dogs.

The rooms were average but the AC units were loud and seemed to turn on a lot that made getting a good night rest impossible.

Location is great however I would choose the Renaissance over this location if it were not form our dog. The Renaissance is amazing and great value compared to this location in my opinion.

Love the Marriott brand as a many year Platinum member. This location was not the most memorable for reasons outlined above.

• Stayed August 2013
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear teamsjk,
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you chose to stay with us as we are pet-friendly. Our indoor and outdoor connecting pools are spectacular. I do apologize that your AC unit disturbed your sleep. We are in the process of changing over all our units to new ones. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you (and your pup!) again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Middletown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

As a former road warrior for 9 years, I spent more nights at this hotel in my nine years of tavel than any other. I probably spent 200+ nights at the Providence Marriott between 2000-2005. I had the opportunity to spend a night at the Providence Marriott last weekend while attending a concert in the area.

First the good. Being a beautiful summer day, my traveling companion and I arrived a little early to take advantage of their pool. I was pleasantly surprised at the pool area upgrades since I stayed for business there for years ago. AQUA is a wonderful addition to the hotel. The pool courtyard has been truly turned into a hip oasis from the surrounding area. There were plenty of wait staff to take your drink or food order, and the poolside entertainment (2 man group) was a nice touch and made you feel you were visiting a tropical island.

Now the not so good. Being a Marriott Gold Lifetime member, I was given a room on the concierge level directly next to the concierge lounge. The room itself was pleasant enough, and has been totally remodeled since my stays there years ago. It was clean and had the amenities you find in the typical Marriott room. Where I find fault is the small items that standing alone I wouldn't have questioned, but together left me less than impressed. First, I wanted to make myself a cocktail upon arrival, and grabbed the ice bucket. However, the lid was no where to be found. Second, when ironing my clothes before the concert, the iron worked, but the button to adjust the heat was broken and there was no way to adjust the temperature on the iron. Third, when making my reservation I requested extra towels as I knew we would be showering before and after the concert. However, instead of no extra towels, there were only two towels in the room. Is this the new Marriott standard? I've always had three if not four towels as the standard. Lastly, not wanting to throw my damp bathing suit with my other dry clothes upon checking out, I went to grab the standard plastic laundry bag you find in all Marriott rooms, but alas the bag wasn't restocked after the last guest. Having said all this, the room was comfortable and clean. It was just a little disappointing being a concierge level room.

All in all, the stay was pleasant and I would stay again given the opportunity. I just wish more attention would be given to the smaller items in the guest rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Fred S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your detailed review, We are pleased to know that you would choose to stay with us again and look forward to hosting you again soon. We also thank you for your loyalty over the years. I will be sharing your comments with our team. You are so right about the small details. Even one of them do count. Your comments about AQUA and our indoor and outdoor connecting pools were awesome! So glad you and your travel companion enjoyed yourselves! We hope we have the opportunity to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We needed to spend a few nights in Providence over July 4 weekend. This place was spectacular. Great coffee and little cosy bar. Outdoor / indoor pool with multicolored lights kept kids enthralled and excited. Very comfortable beds and shower. My recommendation: stay here!

• Stayed July 2013
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear JustAFamily,
Thank you for such a great review and recommendation! We are pleased to know that you and your children had fun and were entertained during your stay. Our indoor and outdoor connecting pools are great and one-of-a-kind in Providence. Our outdoor lounge, AQUA, is also a special place for our guests to relax and have the chance to escape from their busy lives. We look forward to hosting you again very soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Spent a weekend up in Providence to visit some college friends and Providence was not a dull moment. I have actually stayed at this hotel in the past and never had an issue. The staff is friendly and welcoming but the real excitement is Aqua. What an amazing pool/bar!! The oasis machine was perfect and the music was fantastic. My friends spent a great amount of time there and it was well worth it. The pool went inside the hotel, there was plenty of seating, and a fire pit. Make sure that if you are staying on a Friday or Saturday night to ask for a room overlooking the pool, it will not disappoint.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool, it will not disappoint.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear McMCSwift,
It was our pleasure to host you and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much! Our indoor and outdoor connecting pools are one-of-a-kind in Providence. AQUA (our outdoor lounge) has refreshing cocktails and modern fare. AQUA has live music every Saturday and specials throughout each week. Thank you for your awesome review and we look forward to hosting you again very soon!
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the Providence Marriott with some friends for a night. The hotel was nice, and the room was quite comfortable. The hotel was a bit busy this particular night, with a couple of wedding receptions taking place. This made parking a bit difficult. But, outside of that, we did not have any issues with the noise or additional guests.

The hotel, itself, was a short distance away from all of the key attractions in the downtown area. While this particular area isn't ideal for walking around, we were still able to leave our cars behind and walked to where we wanted to go. All in all, this hotel perfectly fit our needs, and I would definitely look to stay here again when visiting Providence.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Todd T,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a great review! Our location is quite convenient - rather easy to walk to many area attractions, shopping and restaurants. Don't forget the next time you visit to utilize our complimentary shuttle service. It departs the hotel each half hour and services an area within 1.5 mile radius to the hotel. We do ask that you speak to one of our guest service members so that we can reserve you a seat in advance. We look forward to hosting you again soon! Glad you had such a nice visit!
Litchfield Co CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

So the location is fantastic, the rooms are ok, typical marriott, the lobby is a scene quite crowded and busy, but overall the place is good, its right downtown and close to all and has a nice bar, but the walk to the elevators and the elevator speed needs some attention

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Joe K,
Thank you for your review! Our location is within walking distance to many area attractions, shopping and restaurants. And if walking isn't your preferred mode of transportation...our complimentary shuttle can take you anywhere within a 1.5 mile radius. We look forward to hosting you again very soon!
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We decided last minute we wanted to get out of the house for night during the hot 4th of July weekend. Typically we would go to the cape or MV, but being last minute, those were not an option. We randomly came across the Providence Marriott and what a score it was! The price was right! The room was fine, food was good, free shuttle to anywhere in downtown, but the real thing that makes this hotel stand out is the pool area. It was 90+ degrees and the pool was ideal. It has both an indoor and outside pool that you can swim between, plus a jacuzzi, but it was way too hot to use that. Gym looked nice, but again we didn't use it. Very comfy pool beds and loungers with drink and food service starting at 12pm. Plus the pool and bar remain open until 11pm. We are used to expensive city and resort prices when traveling and this was a nice treat. The customer service was top notch. They even came around with serbert mid afternoon, cold face cloths and water bottles. We will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: if you book a room on the 1st floor on the inside courtyard, you can walk directly out to the pool a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer D, Public Relations Manager at Providence Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear jhastit,
So glad you found us for your last-minute getaway! AQUA (our outdoor lounge) is truly an oasis in the city. The resort-style atmosphere is so relaxing it can be addictive...so we bet we'll see you again soon! I will be sure to share your review with the hotel team. We look forward to hosting you again this summer.

Been to Providence Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!