The room was pleasant enough and the bed was comfortable, but this is a hotel that gets A LOT of use. The night we were there they were hosting a weekend youth hockey tourney and the place was crawling with Hockey families. It was pretty loud.
The best things to say about the hotel are:
a. The location, it's close to Brown and close to downtown, so you're right there, though it is sort of on the northern edge of things
b. The king size bed, it was nice, with excellent sheets and pillows.
The windows need to be replaced. Ours was clouded over.
- Also Known As:
- Providence Marriott Downtown Hotel Providence
- Providence Marriott Downtown Hotel
- Marriott Providence
- Providence Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort-style atmosphere hotel located in downtown Providence. Situated near the state capital and I-95. Free parking, connected indoor/outdoor pools. Outdoor lounge, AQUA(seasonal), voted best outdoor lounge in Rhode Island - see web site. Award-winning Bluefin Grille open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Inclusive overnight packages available for special occasions - Twin River Casino Package, Ultimate Dining Experience, Family Movie Night, Romance package, Golf Challenge , etc Full-service G Salon & Spa and golf privileges at private golf course. Completely renovated lobby - New Marriott Greatroom - and all new meeting space and ballrooms. Complimentary wireless and shuttle service (by reservation). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Providence Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.