We chose this hotel because it had some of the highest ratings...what are people's standards, these days? When we arrived at 4:30pm, one and a half hours AFTER the check-in time, we were told one of our two rooms was not ready. I asked what time check in was and I was told, "3pm but there's a Hockey Tournament group staying here as well." I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with your housekeeping department not having my room ready? We were given a $20 discount on the room, which we paid $189 a night for to begin with. When we pulled up to the hotel after driving through the ghetto for what seemed to be 30 minutes, I was shocked to see the location of the hotel. We were about a 10 minute drive from downtown Providence, not within walking distance of anything at all besides maybe a KFC. When we got into our rooms (adjoining), the bathroom is outdated, looks like housekeeping does not pay attention to detail when cleaning, and is the size of a small closet, literally. The sink drain had something crusted into it, the paint near the bottom of the door frame was old and peeling, and the shower had mold and mildew grown into the tile grout. It was disgusting. The bed was large but felt like sleeping on a piece of plywood. The comforter cover feels like it is made of some kind of water resistant plastic, and the pillows are huge and impossible for anyone to lay their head down on. I have been in many hotels before and I would even rate the Quality Inn in Great Lakes, Chicago, as being cleaner than this room. I have stayed at Courtyard by Marriott in Orlando, Florida and that hotel outdid this one by many, many miles. The adjoining room was the same story, so this tells me we didn't just have an isolated bad experience. We didn't use the pools or any other amenities, we only stayed for one night but when I visit a hotel, cleanliness and comfort are priority over the amenities.
- Also Known As:
- Providence Marriott Downtown Hotel Providence
- Providence Marriott Downtown Hotel
- Marriott Providence
- Providence Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort-style atmosphere hotel located in downtown Providence. Situated near the state capital and I-95. Free parking, connected indoor/outdoor pools. Outdoor lounge, AQUA(seasonal), voted best outdoor lounge in Rhode Island - see web site. Award-winning Bluefin Grille open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Inclusive overnight packages available for special occasions - Twin River Casino Package, Ultimate Dining Experience, Family Movie Night, Romance package, Golf Challenge , etc Full-service G Salon & Spa and golf privileges at private golf course. Completely renovated lobby - New Marriott Greatroom - and all new meeting space and ballrooms. Complimentary wireless and shuttle service (by reservation). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Providence Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.