“Decent food, exceptional waiter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
One West Exchange Street, Providence, RI 02903 (Downtown Providence)
401 533 9000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 732 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
Cross street: Sabin Street
Description: Fleming's Providence, RI is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in Downtown Providence, near Federal Hill, Providence Place, and Brown University.
Dover, New Hampshire
“Decent food, exceptional waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The food was as we expected it to be (though the creamed corn was spicier than expected and my daughter would not eat it). Had Kai for a waiter and he was wonderful...funny, knowledgable and efficient.

Visited November 2012

“Worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I had the lava cake, pistachios was a suprisingly yummy addition. I also ate the small bites filet. Very good. Red sangria may have been the best I've had. My husband had the bone-in rib eye, which he said was the best he'd ever had. The wedge salad was the only mediocre thing we ordered. I thought offerering lint free black napkins was odd, why not just always use black napkins?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashua, New Hampshire
“expensive overly salted steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Can the steakhouses stop drowning the meat in butter when they cook it? You need a 64 oz bottle of water next to your bed after having a steak there. Nice location, good service, but WAY too salty.

Visited December 2011
Southampton, Massachusetts
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My family and I had dinner at Fleming's after we saw the Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular and though the service was excellent, the food was average.

Visited October 2012
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“A Nice Night Every Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have enjoyed every meal I've had at Fleming's. Tried a few different steaks and all have been perfectly prepared and flavorful, the Peppercorn and Ribeye standing out in my memory. Side dishes have all been very good and we really enjoyed the Mac & Cheese in particular. A very strong wine list allow you to complement any selection and while the higher-end bottles contain the standard restaurant markup, making them a little pricey, they do have a number of less expensive options that have also been very good. They also offer 100 wines by the glass and flights to allow you the opportunity to taste many different wines at a reasonable price. They seem to pay particular attention to their wine and I enjoy that! They even have tastings and events though I have yet to attend one. Service has always been attentive and friendly. Overall a great choice for a nice dinner out when spending time in the city. If I could do 4.5 stars I would, the only thing stopping them from being 5 stars for me is the aforementioned premium wine markup...were that 5-10% lower I'd beat 5 stars.

• Visited July 2012