“Don't Stay Here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 29 hotels in Estes Park
henderson, nevada
“Don't Stay Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The place is run down and shabby. The pool has no water in it as well as the alleged hot tub. Carpeting is thread bare and some of the light fixtures in the room don't work. We asked for a "quiet" room for the night only to have them rent the adjoining room to four people who woke us up when they checked in at midnight and again woke us up when they sat on the patio at 6 am while packing and not leaving until 8 am. We complained to the office and they could only reply "sorry." The room has a musky smell to it (even though they claimed it was non smoking) and the bed sheets were too small for the bed. This is not a place to stay during a vacation.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at the Twin Owls Motor Lodge
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stay if you're wanting a cheap place to crash. Don't stay there if you're a snob.

Don't be fooled by 2 stars. The property IS poor, but I make lodging decisions based on value (ratio of cost:quality). I'll stay again if the price is the lowest and I needed just a place in town to sleep and shower. For us, this was $50 cheaper than anything else available and therefore WELL worth it. I probably wouldn't take my wife and kids here (she's high maintenance), but it was fine for me and my buddy, who just needed a place to crash and shower next morning.

The front desk lady was great. Broken English but nice enough and even lent us a cord for our charger. We stayed in one of the two upper rooms in the back building (257)--thing looked sort of like a big cabin. Everything is old, but it was clean and did not smell. I was pleased that the two queen beds were in separate rooms. There were plenty of towels and hot water. Bed was fine too. No bugs. Tap water taste great as one might expect in Estes.

No breakfast but I felt like I paid less to not hassle with it. I'd rather save the few bucks and head to McDonalds than deal with microwaving a jimmy dean frozen breakfast sandwich and eating stale cereal with frozen milk, followed by a nasty water/OJ concentrate blend. How can everyone even eat that garbage at 98% of hotels???

Anyway...the place was fine. Like I said, stay there if you're wanting a cheap place to crash. Don't stay there if you're a snob.

Room Tip: Upper floor back building...the queen beds are in separate rooms and the place was fine. Sort of lik...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We rented this for our Estes Park stay. Pictures showed a nice motel, it is NOT nice, very run down. I told the manager I would not stay there, and they still charged my credit card for one night's stay. Don't fall for the lower rates, it's just plain not worth it. Could be a very nice little lodge with some updating. To the owner/management.....get with the program, you're killing your business!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

While the rooms were clean, the facility overall could use a make-over. The original rustic look has deteriorated somewhat to something approaching run down. Exterior paint is fading, interior wallpaper is peeling, in-room telephones are obviously old and second hand -- ours was labeled "West Vail Lodge." The rooms lack amenities common in even budget traveler hotels -- no in-room coffee maker, no hair dryer, not even any small bottles of shampoo. Air conditioning is by nature; i.e., open the windows and turn on the ceiling fan. OK for a budget place to spend the night, but probably not a good choice for several days' stay in a popular resort town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Pasadena, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

If a pool with water in it, a hair dryer, room coffee maker, sheets that fit the bed or any indication that the owners valued the property are of any concern to you, do not stay here. I wish I had read the reviews before I booked it. The room was clean, that's about the best I can say. And it's a good thing Estes Park has a ton of stuff to do so all you needed Twin Owls for is a bed/shower.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at all if you can help it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The review of May 5, 2013 by darnell472 really said it all, except I did think that any port in a storm was still better than none at all. However, I was wrong. The amenities list should say: 'Don't expect anything and you'll not be disappointed." When there's still a vacancy at 10pm on a holiday weekend, that should tell you something, anyway. The only real surprise is that the temperature never got above 57°F in the room during my stay, When I asked about the hot tub advertised on the hotel sign out front, the desk clerk said that it might be open tomorrow, but they had other things to do today. $87.50 was the most I EVER paid for a place I would not recommend to my least favorite relative! There is one good thing I have to say about the Twin Owls: they had boxes & boxes of free samples in the lobby. Oh, and a great view on your way out.

Room Tip: Choose a room at least 1,000' from the hotel office.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

After staying in this lodge last weekend I would never stay again and would never recommend anyone else stay there either. Estes Park should be ebarrassed for visitors that stay at this lodge.

We paid for two rooms, one was for my parents and it was embassing, I wish we had just lost our money and stayed somewhere else, these are the issues they came with:

The toilets would not stop running
The towels and linens were yellow and dirty
One room had a fridge the other did not
No ice during winter schedule (we were there May 4 and 5)
There was hair in and on the beds
Ceilings looked like they were going to crash down as you slept
No smoke detector in one room
No shampoo or conditioner in fact no ammenities whatsoever
Room was musty, nasty, and run down
Tub had cracks and stains as did the floor
Staff was unfriendly, unpersonable, and extreemly unconcerned with guest requests and complaints

The pictures and advertisements on all travel sites are not what you are actually getting when you stay there.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY

Room Tip: Stay somwhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Twin Owls Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!