“Excellent stay - great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocky Mountain Park Inn

You added Rocky Mountain Park Inn to your Saves list
Rocky Mountain Park Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 South Saint Vrain Ave, PO Box 1468, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
Tempe, Arizona
“Excellent stay - great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Our Family had a great fun stay at this hotel. Great location by main intersection in town, can walk to lake, visitor center, downtown, resturants and much more. I booked with Hotwire but, actually tried to book directly (hung up after being on hold with national "Forever Resort" reservation number for 17 minutes), then also tried to book with Hotels.com but was having trouble with their system that day. So, I was glad that this was the same hotel after booking with Hotwire. The location is perfect, and for family this is a great place to stay with indoor pool and several games around the pool area (pool tables & foosball tables). We were lucky enough to get a second floor room overlooking the pool (I recomend trying to get one of these first or second floor rooms by pool if you plan on using it). The room was great because my wife who didn't want to swim could sit on the balcony and look down to see the kids and I. The room was clean and beds comfy, the front desk warned us that the carpet might be a little damp as they just did a carpet cleaning in the room. No problem the carpet was dry and clean. Also highly recomend getting the breakfast buffet the next day. They had great choices from many hot items (eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, biscuts and gravy) plus all your other common breakfast stuff and a great fresh fruit bowl with delicious raspberries and all kinds off fresh fruit. Another thing I really liked about this place was that when I was reading reviewes (on Trip Advisor - of course) the night before I noticed the manager had responded to almost every review weather good or bad. This gave me confidence that this was a good place and they cared about their guests. This proved true as I advised them I tried to book direct but had a little trouble and asked if I could get the free breakfast card they give to guests that book direct. They gave this to me with no hassle, this was only good for us two adults so we should have paid for kids but, server noticed that 7 year old didn't eat hardly anything and our other kid is 2 so she didn't charge for them either. We experienced great customer service!!!
One complaint or coment is their rooms with two beds are not queen beds they are double beds. A little small for me (6'4" and 275 lbs) plus a kid, they were comfy though. However, the rooms had two tables/desks and I think they should remove the one on side (put the coffee maker on other or in bath) and this would leave plenty of room for larger more comfortable queen beds.

Room Tip: Eat their breakfast buffet (very good) even if you have to pay it is well worth the $10. If you hav...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
rockymtnpark, General Manager at Rocky Mountain Park Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Hello:

Thank you for your kind words! We're happy to participate with Hotwire and to provide an extra value for visitors whenever possible - although you never know where you may end up when booking with Hotwire. Our staff is our greatest asset, so thank you for giving them kudos! We hope to see you again on a future stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chuluota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

On a recent trip to Estes Park we had to change hotels. The first one had no air conditioning and we had a group from Florida that didn't want to "rough it." Rocky Mountain Park Inn graciously took us in for the one night they had available. We had a great stay, good breakfast in the morning and plenty of ac!

This is a conveniently located hotel with nice amenities. They also accept pets - a real plus! The staff was friendly and accommodating. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hello:

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, especially our terrific staff. We know you have many lodging choices in Estes Park, and we very much appreciate your business. You are correct that we allow pets in first floor rooms for a nominal fee.....Fido needs a vacation, too!

Thank you and please visit us again soon!
Ft. Mitchell, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is awful. Had we not booked on Orbitz we would be leaving NOW and going somewhere else. It's old, outdated, dirty, and it smells. Our room was obviously not cleaned... or at least thoroughly. There was makeup and crusty stuff on several of the pillows and I found black curly hairs in the bed (neither of us have black curly hair). We had to call to the front desk for new pillows to replace the dirty ones. Then my aunt went to take a bath and found more black hairs in the tub!--Oh... AND NO BATH TOWELS OR WASH CLOTHS! We had to call the desk a second time and have them bring us up some towels. I have never stayed anywhere this awful and dirty. This would be something you would expect from a trucker motel... I don't know how we're going to sleep tonight knowing how dirty this place is. And not to mention the fact that nothing seems to be sound proof. We can hear every person who walks by in the hall and we can hear into the rooms around us.

Room Tip: Here's a GREAT TIP! Choose a room at a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
rockymtnpark, General Manager at Rocky Mountain Park Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Hello;

Thank you for your feedback. I am sincerely sorry for your experience. Our housekeeping staff has undergone a thorough retraining to be sure each and every aspect of the room is 100% as your experience is not acceptable. Also, regardless of how you booked your reservation, there is nothing keeping you locked into a room or hotel you do not want. Please be sure to contact a member of management while on site to receive the help you desire.

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed here a couple nights because rates were good. Room was fine and comfortable, bathroom prepared well, etc. The hotel needs a bit of help - in general, a little rough around the edges. The "fitness room" was rather pathetic, and the primary exercise machine in there was broken. Location is ok, although you still pretty much have to get in a car (or on a bike) to get to the nice parts of town. Overall, no big complaints.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hello:

Thank you for your feedback. Our value is a strong point for us as the other two full-service hotels in town are $100 or more per night than us. We've identified and removed the suspect item from the fitness room for repair. I hope you were able to enjoy your free $20 breakfast credit and free afternoon beer and wine reception while you were here!

We hope to see you again.

Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice place and kids loved the pool and hot tub. Friendly and helpful front desk staff. Clean rooms and very quick on providing a roll-out bed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
rockymtnpark, Manager at Rocky Mountain Park Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Hello:

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate Estes Park's largest pool and newest hot tub! Hopefully you'll return again this summer and enjoy our free afternoon beer and wine reception daily from 3:30-5pm Memorial Day to Labor Day. You can also enjoy a free $20 breakfast buffet credit simply by booking a qualifying rate directly through us!

Thanks and hope to see you again soon!
Leawood, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Basically we experienced the same problems as the previous reviews. The room was dirty & smelled. The carpet in the room was gross. The hallways to the rooms are grim, outdated, and hot. I know they claim they are a "green" hotel, but seriously 2 bath towels for a family of 5. You should not need to call for a proper number of towels, this should always be included with your room. When you are on vacation it's nice to have a hassle free stay. We were not impressed with the breakfast at all. They had a very small selection on the buffet. The lower building did have a very, very strong chlorine smell, which gave me a headache after a bit of time.Lots and lots of noisy young adults, especially at the pool.

I know one thing for certain, we will never stay in this hotel again. Maybe the manager needs to stop responding to every complaint with an excuse ... and maybe put a little energy and money into fixing up this place and giving it a good cleaning!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
rockymtnpark, General Manager at Rocky Mountain Park Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Hello:

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay. I agree, your room should have had more than two towels and that surprised me, as well. The newest hotel in town is 14 years old and costs twice as much as ours, and most properties in this seasonal town are our age or older. Our last full renovation was in 2005, but we've had many, many updates just last year including new 32" LCD TV's in every room. Your complaint regarding your room and carpet are not descriptive enough to address, however, our rooms are cleaned by one person, and inspected by another to catch anything with a new set of eyes. Our carpeting cleaning is done on a constantly revolving, routine schedule. The hallway carpeting and wall treatments are barely one year old. The pool area is very large and and our pool is treated with chlorine, which tends to smell like....chlorine. It is in its own enclosed and vented space. Our pool is frequented by families with kids, and kids can be loud when they're having fun. Our buffet consists of scrambled eggs, sausage, country potatoes, bacon, pancakes or french toast, biscuits and gravy, quite a variety of fresh sliced fruit, a variety of pastries, bagels, english muffins, four types of bread, etc. We are not a Golden Corral if that's what you are looking for, but offer quite a bit for $9.75pp INCLUDING your choice of beverage and this is FREE with a direct hotel reservation.

I hope my response was factual and without excuses. Thank you
Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Although the Lonely Planet says that Estes Park has turned into the kind of place you’ll need to escape from, we liked it.

We made our reservation through internet and when we arrived at the hotel which, by the way, is a little bit away from the center and so it is advisable to take the car to reach it, we found it too be bigger than expected. The parking lot, for example, is very big. And we don’t know if it is because the hotel is big and has many rooms and many guests but the polite and correct reception we received was quite impersonal though.

Then, when we went to the room in one of the hotel’s wings, we were also surprised to find some pieces of paper on the corridor’s floor. Fortunately the cleanliness of the room was better. This was welcoming and pleasant (I’m attaching 2 pictures), it was spacious enough, beds were comfortable and the furniture was nice. However it was not as well equipped as other places we had stay before because, although it is true that there was a nice and modern flat-screen TV, there was neither refrigerator, nor microwave.
What we really liked was that the room had a bin to recycle glass, aluminium, steel, newspapers, office paper, cardboard, magazines and plastic. This is a fantastic idea and it would be great if other hotels copy it!

As mentioned above, this is a big place and has several facilities like a big indoor pool, a fitness, 2 guest computers free of charge and a restaurant. Let me mention that apparently we experienced a misunderstanding precisely in it because, although we had booked the room using a travel website, we had anyway the impression that our booking included the breakfast. That’s why we happily had breakfast although, to be honest, one of us only ate 1 toast and drank 1 cup of tea. Therefore we were quite surprised to find out that the breakfast was not included in our resevation and, even more surprised, that for 1 toast and 1 cup of tea we were also charged the price of a full breakfast. Obviously I went to the reception to clarify what it could had been a confusion from my side and they told me that the breakfast was indeed not included in the price if the booking had been made through a travel website.
Honestly I could not prove that our reservation included the breakfast because the printed copy I had with me didn’t mention it. However, other hotel reservations we had done before using a travel website did include a compliementary breakfast although the printed copy of our reservation didn’t specify it (the Val-U Inn, in Missoula, is an example). Therefore I’m still confused and therefore I would suggest you to always double-check if your reservation in this hotel includes the breakfast.

Considering then our experience, we definitely recommend this place because it is good. However, if we ever come back to Estes Park, we will probably try another one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hello:

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and our "green" qualities that no other lodging in Estes offers. Since the first of the year, we began offering a free, daily $20 breakfast credit and Estes Park's latest check out time when booking directly with us, as well as Estes Park's only summer afternoon beer and wine reception - all free! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Rocky Mountain Park Inn? Share your experiences!