“Now called Estes Park Village Inn ---- sleep in your car if you can't find anything else!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Estes Village Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Estes Village Inn to your Saves list
Estes Village Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1040 Big Thompson Avenue, Estes Park, CO 80517 (Formerly Super 8 Estes Park)   |
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This has to be the dirtiest hotel I ever stayed in. We are reasonable when it comes to hotels and we realize you get what you pay for. It was a last minute decision to come to Estes Park. Since we had a dog with us we had very few options so I broke a rule of my own and I guaranteed payment from the day before. From the outside this place looked ok. My husband checked us in so I didn't see the "lobby" for myself until the next morning. He chose not to tell me how bad things looked. Fortunately, the room we had was relatively clean, at least the bed and towels were. I was able to ignore the curtain hooks being broken and the carpets being stained. I never walk barefoot in any hotel. After a decent night's sleep I decided to get some coffee in the morning and I never was so grossed out in a hotel before. The carpet was stained and filthy, and there wasn't another sole to be seen. The two or three large trash bins in the eating area were overflowing with garbage, and considering the parking lot was practically empty, this garbage had to be there from at least one day before. Cereal crumbs were all over the counter and besides being dirty, the room was dreary and very old! I would never have dreamed of sitting in that room let alone take any of the food. We drove to the back of the hotel before we left just to see what we missed and it was really bad looking. An entire section of the wooden fence was knocked over, curtains were half off on some of the rooms and the steps were crumbling in the back. The room was not expensive for the area but had I known what I was getting I wouldn't have stayed for free!

Room Tip: If you have to, ask for a room in the front of the hotel, definitely park in the front and DO NOT pl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Knoxville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I found this to be an economical place to stay. It is plain and ordinary with a limited breakfast, but it is a bargain for Estes Park in July. I found it to be reasonably clean and the staff friendly and helpful. I will stay there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Superior, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here the night of the Shining Ball down the street at the Stanley. I am not the most particular traveler, but even I was taken aback at how absolutely dirty this place is. We had three rooms for our group and they were all dirty. Even the walls. One room had a moldy mini-fridge in it. The bedding itself seemed clean, so we stayed the night and just tried not to touch anything else. Staff was fine. Elk were grazing across the street, which is nice, but can honestly happen ANYWHERE in Estes Park. I have stayed at many Super 8's across the country, and this one was by far the dirtiest. I'm surprised Super 8/Wyndham allows the owners to run this so poorly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Needs a good clean, repair or update...Check in was easy, staff were polite and competent. The rooms however were below what they should be for even a Super 8. We had a the standard 2 Queen beds, non-smoking with an extra room at the back (one king size). That room smelled moldy and required a plug-in electric heater to warm. The carpet through out was damp and smelled also. The bathroom tub was broken in so far as you could only shower and not run a bath (this was a problem because we had 2 small children) Other than that, summer would be a better time to stay here than winter or the fringe seasons.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask the age of the place and when the the last renovation was done
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We booked this hotel property online. The "cheap rate" was approx $30/night cheaper than any other hotel in Estes Park. There's a reason! First, when registering online, the price went up $5 per night for two people vs one in the room. I can only imagine that they must be trying to recoup for the "complimentary breakfast" of which I will discuss in a minute. Upon check-in we were directed to drive behind the hotel to a small annex building. This must be where the cheap rooms are located.
To start with, the outside wooden staircase is rickety, we joked about going up the stairs one at a time, but I can't imagine what would happen if there was an emergency that would place multiple people on the stairs at the same time. Also, they do not have air conditioner/heating units in these rooms like they do in the rooms located in the main building- there is baseboard heating and a portable swamp cooler that was empty- to fill it up we had to roll it over to the sink and then use the ice bucket to fill it up--taking about 20 mins. The shower curtain was covered in mold and smelled like sour urine--permeating the bathroom with the smell. The mattress was worn causing us to roll to the middle, even thoughit wasn't the worst I've slept on, it still needs to be replaced.
The "complimentary breakfast" was a joke! There's a really nice breakfast room, but the "breakfast" is located on a small counter in the lobby. We actually looked at it and thought is was where some extra's were stored and proceeded into the breakfast room to discover that the small counter in the lobby was the "breakfast". There was a pot of coffee, a carafe of orange juice and a carafe of milk. A bag of bread and bagels and a container of frosted flakes cereal. There were little containers or grape jelly and mayonnaise to spread on the bread or bagels.--yes, mayonnaise, I have no idea why! We stood there for a minute contemplating the strange array of bags and containers and decided to go into town for breakfast. The same man was at the front desk when we checked out and he didn't ask the "how was your stay?" question that you usually get when checking out. I'm guessing because he knew what the answer would be and didn't want to have to deal with it.

If you book here, I would confirm that the room is in the main building and just be prepared for true budget motel. There's a reason it's the cheapest hotel in Estes Park!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the main building and not the annex building around back.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I am surprised by these reviews. I had a workshop for a week in Estes Park with a friend and we stayed there the entire week. The room was cleaned and fresh daily. The beds were comfortable and the refrigerator was great to have so we didn't have to eat out for every meal. Great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Lincoln
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Staff very friendly and pool was clean - but the room really need updating. Had a king bed, but kept rolling to middle as mattress really needs replaced. But for $79 in Estes, the price was okay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Estes Village Inn? Share your experiences!